Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gsp vs. Chael Sonnen

Default Gsp vs. Chael Sonnen

As much as I dont like Chael, I do like him as a fighter, and I think he would give GSP a hell of a fight
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

That is a good fight, but of course Sonnen is a MW.

He would rush GSP, GSP wouldnt be able to get much done standing. I see both of them being able to take the other down. Chael has great takedowns but not the best TDD. It all depends on who gets the takedowns first. It could go either way.

I GET IT! This is a "dream" match because of the likelihood of this being a snoozefest
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by MMATT View Post
    I GET IT! This is a "dream" match because of the likelihood of this being a snoozefest
    snooze fest? chael always works when he fights, and i bet u just say that cuz ur still bitter about GSP spanking penn...and NO, penn didnt win the first fight at all. and dont even bring up greasegate, cuz honestly...do u think it would have made a difference? Didnt in the first fight, and penn only lasted an extra rd in the second ha...ha...ha

I don't remember a spanking, I remember BJ winning the first fight and GSP getting caught on live TV blatently cheating in the 2nd fight, but way to bring up something totally off topic
    Last edited by MMAtt; 10-24-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Anyway, back to topic...

Sonnen is just too big for GSP. GSP may have a better overall skill set but at the end of the day Sonnen is an animal of a wrestler that would have about a 20 pound advantage in weight when they fought. He would take GSP down with little effort and then pound him out until he got a decision or a TKO win.

They are both arguably the best MMA wrestlers in the world but the size difference is too much for GSP to make up.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

i second that! chael and GSP are the best wrestlers in MMA today and the size difference would def be too much for GSP.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I think this might be a better fight than GSP vs Silva honestly (I think Silva destroys GSP) but I'm with pretty much everyone else. Chaels size would be to much for GSP and he takes him down pretty easily here. GSP might hold his own on the feet but I don't see this fight staying there very long.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Would Grease and TRT be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Would Grease and TRT be allowed?

Yea, but GSP better put it on his legs. Only way he's avoiding a double leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information