Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gsp vs. Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Would Grease and TRT be allowed?

Wrestlers don't like to grease up. Remember they are the ones going for takedowns. Its a lot harder to take some one down when you are greasy as hell. And yes I know you are joking or poking fun at "greasegate" but I figured I would just like to punch a whole in the logic of all the grease fans out there.

As for TRT, only if Hendo is fighting.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Wrestlers don't like to grease up. Remember they are the ones going for takedowns. Its a lot harder to take some one down when you are greasy as hell. And yes I know you are joking or poking fun at "greasegate" but I figured I would just like to punch a whole in the logic of all the grease fans out there.

As for TRT, only if Hendo is fighting.

But grease up and down his back and sides wouldn't help him when someone is trying to use a high guard or go for any submissions? GSP didn't get his hands or arms greasy just up and down his back and we all know bjs best chance of winning that fight was a submission or sweep from the bottom
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by MMATT View Post
    But grease up and down his back and sides wouldn't help him when someone is trying to use a high guard or go for any submissions? GSP didn't get his hands or arms greasy just up and down his back and we all know bjs best chance of winning that fight was a submission or sweep from the bottom
    One little touch by his corner in plain sight did not cause GSP's back and legs to be greasy. You have to remember the corner man who did it (Phil Nurse I believe) did not even know he was going to be in charge of the vasaline until he was ring side.

Greasegate is such a dead issue its not even funny anymore. GSP was never fined or found guilty of anything its just a way for people who do not like him to try and take away what he has done. This is not like the TRT thing with Sonnen who was caught red handed. GSP was never even charged outside of BJ Penn's mom trying to file a complaint with NSAC.

So unless GSP gets caught greasing then guess what... he is not a greaser and let the issue die.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Yea, but GSP better put it on his legs. Only way he's avoiding a double leg.
    Yes, its a good way to avoid the double leg. Put Vaseline on the back of your legs.

Either make sure neither cheats or let them both do it.

Let GSP bathe in a tub of grease and let Sonnen go crazy with his "therapy"

Yes, its a good way to avoid the double leg. Put Vaseline on the back of your legs.

Either make sure neither cheats or let them both do it.

Let GSP bathe in a tub of grease and let Sonnen go crazy with his "therapy"
    Once again... GSP has never been caught cheating. If he has please show me where he has been suspended because I missed it.

Until GSP is caught cheating you have no grounds to call him a cheater. Thats like me calling Anderson Silva a cheater because he took some advil before he fought Okami.
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Once again... GSP has never been caught cheating. If he has please show me where he has been suspended because I missed it.

Until GSP is caught cheating you have no grounds to call him a cheater. Thats like me calling Anderson Silva a cheater because he took some advil before he fought Okami.
    He wasnt, but his corner was. There was that whole hearing with NSAC and everything... not that the AC is known to be competent.

He wasnt, but his corner was. There was that whole hearing with NSAC and everything... not that the AC is known to be competent.
    They weren't caught cheating, they were caught making a mistake. Once again, Phil Nurse did not know he was going to be in charge of applying the vasaline until he got to the cage. He made an honest mistake that was caught right away and wiped off.

Get over it please. It has been nearly 2 years and beaten to death.

And yes out of all the ACs out there, the NSAC is the one that is competent. I think you are thinking of the CSAC who time and time again have fucked up big time.
    Ben Askren

Chael Sonnen by what ever the heck he wants......besides triangle choke lol
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

i think gsp wakes the fuck up after being beat up a little bit and eventually scrambles to get on top and hitt an armbar.

Thread Information