View Poll Results: Best Boxer of the 90s?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Tyson

2 11.11%
  • Evander Holyfield

1 5.56%
  • Lennox Lewis

0 0%
  • Roy Jones Jr

12 66.67%
  • Bernard Hopkins

1 5.56%
  • Oscar De La Hoya

1 5.56%
  • Other (Please State)

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Boxer P4P of the 90s?

Default Best Boxer P4P of the 90s?

Who ruled the 90s?
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I'm a huge De La Hoya fan, and he's definitely a top 5 P4P in the 90s, but I'd say honestly that the real #1 is Roy Jones Jr. I'm also tempted to vote for Bernard Hopkins, but his true legacy wasn't made until the 2000s, and after he beat Trinidad. Not only that, but Jones beat Hopkins, which does place him above.

Top 5:
    1. Roy Jones Jr.
    2. Felix Trinidad
    3. Oscar De La Hoya
    4. Julio Cesar Chavez
    5. Lennox Lewis
    Last edited by Salvy_Mic; 01-11-2007 at 09:52 AM.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Punk Ass Guest

1 Roy Jones

2 de la hoya

3 B Hop

4 Shane Mosley

5 Trinidad

Wanted to put lenox Lewis in there but he just wasn't the best P4P. Hard to chose between the last 4 but I think DLH could beat BHop if they were the same weight class. And DLH beat Mosley IMO in the last fight. Trinidad was too one dimensional but if he hit you it was over.

I rank Trinidad above De La Hoya (painfully, I might add) simply because he's got an official win over Oscar, even though Oscar was robbed, IMO. And like I said, I'd love to put B-Hop in the top 5 there also, but honestly, he didn't become truly significant until the 2000s, when he became the first undisputed Middleweight Champion since Marvin Hagler.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

I went with....

1.Oscar Delahoya

2. Roy Jones Jr.

3. Felix Trinidad

4. Bernard Hopkins

5. Shane Mosely

I picked Oscar because of competition he faced, he took on everyone. I won't put Felix on top of him because of that suspect decision. I also won't argue with anyone who puts Roy on top, that was a tough pick between them two because Roy dismantle all his opponents including decisive wins over Hopkins and Toney...hell i'm changing my mind now talking about it. lol

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Salvy_Mic
    I rank Trinidad above De La Hoya (painfully, I might add) simply because he's got an official win over Oscar, even though Oscar was robbed, IMO. And like I said, I'd love to put B-Hop in the top 5 there also, but honestly, he didn't become truly significant until the 2000s, when he became the first undisputed Middleweight Champion since Marvin Hagler.
    The reason why B Hop didn't become significant is because he didn't get the fights. He cleaned out his division but never went up in weight. He was just lucky enough to have a few little well known fighters moving up in weight.

Anyone seen his fights with Antwun Echols?? Those were wars!!!

There was a point and time where I felt Roy Jones would NEVER get defeated.. man those were the days! and the thing with boxing is there is talent in the lower divisions, maybe not another Roy Jones but close but no one pays attention unless the HW division is atleast respectable.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I voted Roy Jones Jr. But it's kind of sad how he was so amazing in the 90's and has fallen so far now.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    There was a point and time where I felt Roy Jones would NEVER get defeated.. man those were the days! and the thing with boxing is there is talent in the lower divisions, maybe not another Roy Jones but close but no one pays attention unless the HW division is atleast respectable.
    Yeah, I gotta go with Roy. I remember thinking that exact same shit. He would just walk through people, and god that speed. He was so much fun to watch.

gotta go with the real deal here fellas

Thread Information