Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Cormier

Default Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Cormier

This match up just came to mind but I haven't thought about it too much. Would love to see this fight.

Daniel's a more agile striker, but the real battle would be in the clinch. I think Daniel would try to stand, use TDD, and maintain distance while trying to pick apart Brock. Brock would look to use his size to neutralize Cormier's speed/footwork. I give slight edge to Cormier but I think Brock would be a betting favorite according to the sports books. Who ya got?

I was thinking about posting this after reading Cormier talk about Lesnar.

It would be a great match, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    I was thinking about posting this after reading Cormier talk about Lesnar.

It would be a great match, IMO.
    Me too.

Cormier.

He's hungry and has the hands to hurt lesnar, and his grappling is often underestimated.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

money's on cormier. he has better hands, (and more aggressive standup for that matter), and i don't see brock taking him down unless it's against the cage. the only way i see cormier losing is via gnp on the bottom. meanwhile, he can end the fight from pretty much anywhere.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I really think this one would be up for grabs. Cormier is more technical in all areas, but Brock is more of an athletic freak. Brock is bigger. I like both of these guys. I think Brock would be the betting favorite, so I would feel much more comfortable betting on DC if the odds were right. So I will take DC in round 3, but my mind might change each day leading up until the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    This match up just came to mind but I haven't thought about it too much. Would love to see this fight.

Daniel's a more agile striker, but the real battle would be in the clinch. I think Daniel would try to stand, use TDD, and maintain distance while trying to pick apart Brock. Brock would look to use his size to neutralize Cormier's speed/footwork. I give slight edge to Cormier but I think Brock would be a betting favorite according to the sports books. Who ya got?
    Cormier competed in Free Style wrestling in the Olympics, has better hands than Lesnar, and has takedown defense, not to mention can dish out his own takedowns. I see another thing happening similar to Lesnar-Carwin/ Cain-Lesnar.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

I love Lesnar but if it were modern day Lesnar vs Cormier I think Cormier wouldn't have much difficulty beating Lesnar. If it was the Lesnar of before his sicknesses I think it would be a lot closer and I think it would be a toss up.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Cormier.

He's hungry and has the hands to hurt lesnar, and his grappling is often underestimated.

rh
    I can't see how you would underestimate it. Cormier out grappled Josh Barnett, who's got a fantastic ground game. Personally, I think Cormier would finish Lesnar inside of 2 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

haha man oh man, Cormier would destroy Lesnar

Thread Information