View Poll Results: Was it the best so far?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 47.37%
  • No

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Season So Far?

this was easily the most talented group since the first couple of seasons. it was untapped weight classes which means multiple fighters have a good chance to stick around and shine for more than a couple of fights.

im voting yes, but only because of the challenges in the first season kinda brought that season down.

also, like season 1 (and maybe season 2 i dont really recall it as well) the fighters seemed to go for it more. to try and win and or put a stamp on it saying i deserve to be here. even in some of the losses you could see the guy had skills. too often in later seasons guys seemed to play it safe just trying to make it to the finals. its like they dont realize a good spectacular effort going for it all in a loss will get you another chance to shine.

Im still saying this season was the best by far!

Season 1 was good, it was at a time where the UFC needed new faces and talent, and they certainly got that done with the cast. But my major qualms with season 1 was

A.) There was no fights to get into the house. This is something I think is severly underrated. Getting 16 names thrown at you in an hour episode, and only getting to see 2 of them fight is really hard to pick a favourite/winner. Especially for a casual fan who doesnt know a single name.

B.)The Challenges. Absolutly stupid imo.

C.)"Team Re-shuffling"

The season its self was packed with lots of personalities and some pretty good fights. But I dont think the fights were all that great myself. (If my math is correct)Including the finale...and the cut Kenny had over Leben there was 4 (T)KOs, 4 subs and 4 decisons.Not something to write home about.

Not to mention that there was a few episodes that didnt have a fight. (The first two if im not mistaken)

Season 5 was good too dont get me wrong. But Again I(personally) didnt like that there were no fights to get into the house. And I wasnt a big fan of the only one weight class. BUT it was the ressurection of my favourite weight class so of course I watched every episode foaming from the mouth lol.

If I remember correctly it was packed with awsome finishes, A street fight, And Penns team getting picked apart, In a new divison they were trying to bring back. Cant complain with that.

I think if the coaches for this season would have been two legit legends the consensus might be different. The coaches were not the best, but imo the fights were hands down.

Shit im baked and not good at math, but(I think) this season had over 40 fights with over 30 of them getting finished. How can you NOT like that people lol.
    Last edited by LefthookStcrook; 12-04-2011 at 11:58 AM.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

best season ever IMO most talented group of fighters since season 1. the finale was great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Sounds like I missed out as I didn't watch this season. Mainly because I can't stand either of the coaches.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    Sounds like I missed out as I didn't watch this season. Mainly because I can't stand either of the coaches.
    Dude download the first episode, where everyone fights to get into the house.

Pretty much every fight is a Brutal finish.

You will NOT regret it. I guarentee.

I STILL have that episode on my PVR lol, Still watch it when im bored or have a few friends over. I cant see it goin anywheres lol.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    Dude download the first episode, where everyone fights to get into the house.

Pretty much every fight is a Brutal finish.

You will NOT regret it. I guarentee.

I STILL have that episode on my PVR lol, Still watch it when im bored or have a few friends over. I cant see it goin anywheres lol.
    Is the whole season really good or mainly the first episode?

Brown Pride

season 7 was my personal favorite. it was the first season to have one big 32 man tournament. amir, cb, gerald harris, matt brown, matt riddle, and tim creudur were just a few names to come off that season.

Thread Information