29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Jones

8 27.59%
  • Cain Velasquez

21 72.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones VS Cain Velasquez

Default Jon Jones VS Cain Velasquez

you know the drill. who wins it and how does it go down.
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

i didnt vote because are we talking Jon Jones right now or are we talking Jon Jones in a couple of years with 30+ lbs of extra muscle packed on? As of right now I would say Cain but who knows how big and strong Jones could get.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

This is a much tougher fight than most people here will give it credit for. Right now Id take cain, but that Im still very unsure. If Jones ever moves up to HW and packs on some good muscle, he could be a beast. His reach advantage isnt going to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    i didnt vote because are we talking Jon Jones right now or are we talking Jon Jones in a couple of years with 30+ lbs of extra muscle packed on? As of right now I would say Cain but who knows how big and strong Jones could get.
    lets say at a catch weight of 235

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    This is a much tougher fight than most people here will give it credit for. Right now Id take cain, but that Im still very unsure. If Jones ever moves up to HW and packs on some good muscle, he could be a beast. His reach advantage isnt going to go away.
    sorry for the double post but brocks reach didnt help him against cain, so i expect jone's reach to be somewhat negated in this fight.

6. Default

Cain all day long if we are talking right now
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_tim View Post
    sorry for the double post but brocks reach didnt help him against cain, so i expect jone's reach to be somewhat negated in this fight.
    Why would we assume that? Jones still hasnt mastered using his reach, but is leaps and bounds ahead of brock in that aspect. Brock is very tentative where as Jones can throw with speed and accuracy some of the time. Jones still has 3.5 inches of reach on Brock, that in itself is a big advantage.

If Jones can get some great boxing under his belt and learn to master keeping his distance and using his reach similar to how Lennox Lewis did it, he could be close to untouchable.

This is not even close at the moment. Cain smashes Jones within the first round and puts him in the ER.

Jones needs to stay at LHW because his size is a big reason he is has been so dominate. At HW that size is gone and he is dealing with some god damn monsters like Cain, Lesnar, Overeem, JDS and Barnett. Each one of these guys would be much much stronger then Jones and pretty much treat him like a rag doll.

Also, Jones has the type of body that will be had to put on a lot of muscle. He is so lanky that putting on 30 pounds of muscle will be nearly impossible. He should just focus on LHW and never consider going to HW.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    This is not even close at the moment. Cain smashes Jones within the first round and puts him in the ER.

Jones needs to stay at LHW because his size is a big reason he is has been so dominate. At HW that size is gone and he is dealing with some god damn monsters like Cain, Lesnar, Overeem, JDS and Barnett. Each one of these guys would be much much stronger then Jones and pretty much treat him like a rag doll.

Also, Jones has the type of body that will be had to put on a lot of muscle. He is so lanky that putting on 30 pounds of muscle will be nearly impossible. He should just focus on LHW and never consider going to HW.
    I agree, except he may have to consider going to heavyweight some day. Cain is a savage. Can you imagine him leg kicking Jones. This would be a bad fight for Jones at this point/ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Jones is going to look like Reem one day. That's f/n scary.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information