• Chuck

8 30.77%
  • Hendo

18 69.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liddel vs Hendo

Default Liddel vs Hendo

both in there prime at 205, who wins it? Chuck vs Hendo

BOth in there primes: I think it'd Liddel would take it no problem. His takedown defence, and ability to stand up after being taken down was the only area he'd be in trouble with fighting Hendo, and in his prime he was amazing at both.

Standup would be very easy, as Hendo's aggressive style mixed with Liddels counter striking and superior range would have Hendo soley focused on the takedown.

Hendo. Don't get me wrong Liddell was a great and entertaining fighter but I think he had trouble dealing with fighters that had serious KO power in their hands as well. His biggest wins were against Tito and Randy who didn't have big KO power. When he went against Rampage even in his prime he got finished.

Brown Pride

Chuck used to be able to take a hell of a shot in his prime, I watched his fight vs Pele and he got hit with a sick head kick and recovered. Its tough to say who would win...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

You spelled Liddell wrong.

*Liddell goggles*

Liddell wins, period.

Iceman forever, ftw!

Whoever picked Liddell is crazy. During his reign, he didnt fight any really good strikers except for Overeem, and he wasnt shit at the time. Hendo would have killed him just like rampage did.

I guess you've never heard of Pele...and I guess you've never seen chuck take a punch pre-Rampage...and Overeem was definitely good when he fought him. Overeem's main weakness was his cardio and takedown D...Chuck fucked him up early. I guess you have also never heard of Guy Mezger...then there's that Wanderlei Silva guy...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I agree completely with Harlem. Rampage finished him in 03 and 07. No one has ever been able to finish Hendo via strikes and Liddell has been finished by strikes numerous times. Not to mention Hendo has faced more dangerous strikers throughout his career. For Overeem, I'm not sure if I'm still sold on him even as a HW. He beat Wandy and I'm not saying he couldn't defeat great strikers, but his resume certainly suggests that it was his weakness and had lower success against them than Hendo did.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I guess you've never heard of Pele...and I guess you've never seen chuck take a punch pre-Rampage...and Overeem was definitely good when he fought him. Overeem's main weakness was his cardio and takedown D...Chuck fucked him up early. I guess you have also never heard of Guy Mezger...then there's that Wanderlei Silva guy...
    He didnt fight Wandy in his prime though, and Overeem was good then but not great.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Dude, a 41 year old Hendo nearly knocked a prime Shogun's head clean off, Killed a Prime Wandy, destroyed Fedor, and has Beaten Big Nog before in Nog's prime. Chuck was great, but objectively, I think you know hendo has a much better resume and is alot more accomplished.

Pele, Mezger, and a pre HW Overeem? C'mon son! These dudes were all just gate keepers at best. Not to mention MMA wasnt anywhere near as evolved as it is now when Chuck fought the guys you named.

Thread Information