Poll: Sonnen VS Ortiz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen VS Tito Ortiz

Default Chael Sonnen VS Tito Ortiz

who would win if they both were in their primes and fought right now?
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

Both in their prime? Tito hands down, he's much bigger then Sonnen, similar skill set. Sonnen's wrestling strength has not translated that well when fighting bigger guys with decent wrestling, which we saw in his fight's with Bisping and Babalu. I believe his record is pretty awful at 205, something like 1-4? And in his prime, Ortiz was an absolute beast.

Zombie is born!

3. Default

I give it to Sonnen due to his in prime time the sport has progressed and Tito would not be prepared for them. Also believe Tito was a little selective after winning the title to extend his title time. Tito was good then, but feel good than doesn't beat good now. Points for Tito he was a finisher at least

A prime Ortiz wins 10 out of 10.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

1. Tito is a monster compared to Sonnen when it come sto size. Sonnen may be a big MW but he is an average LHW. Even Tito out of his prime is one of the biggest LHWs around and in his prime he was bigger then some HWs.

2. Everyone forgets Tito has a pretty good submission game off his back. He nearly submitted Machida and did submit Bader. If Sonnen got Tito on his back I am pretty sure Tito could submit him.

Tito in his prime wins this fight either by TKO or submission in the 2nd round.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Yeah as mentioned already Tito has a big size advantage and is capable of pulling of subs. As well as much more damaging ground and pound.

Don't see anyway for Chael to win this

if it's in his prime, im going with tito..

Lot of if's involved here but chael looses to Silva , Tito wins against Forrest or fight falls through with tito having size advantage but Sonnen having age advantage this I think would be a great fight since both have a strong ground game.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

gotta go with tito. I don't see chael being able to control tito when he was a beast. more ways to win for tito. love him or hate him he was a machine back then.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Tito has a slick triangle... Enough said?
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information