Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I've made the choice

Default So I've made the choice

To get back into the BJJ game.

I think I'm going to work on it as a career. Get my black belt and open a school in my area.

I have a lot of weight and fat to lose and a lot of training ahead of me. But after some deep soul searching I realized it's the only thing I truly love doing so I might as well give it a shot..

Has anyone else followed this path at all?

Good luck to ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I've followed a similar path in that I have a lot of weight and fat to lose......

I just started BJJ after years of Judo. I like it a lot.

Good luck to you in getting your black belt. What belt are you now, brown?

I can't wait to compete in a bjj tourney. As a white belt I hope to get a nice Judo takedown.

I started at 14 (1994) at the suggestion of my HS wrestling coach

I cracked 180 lbs then (my freshman year), and wasnt really fat, but had some weight to cut

after 3 years, I added about 12 lbs of muscle and my cardio improved a lot

with the wrestler in me, being on my back was an issue, so I didnt want to feel comfortable there

if forced me to work heavily on cardio to be able to withstand constantly bucking to avoid a pin

but that made it easier to advance in both

I will say BJJ is great, but if you want to do well, start working on flexibility now

stretch every day, multiple times

after a while it will suck when you dont stretch

it also helps to heal faster via improved circulation

good luck
    Those who know......know......4 life!

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do first. Boxing, BJJ, or kickboxing. only for workout perposes not to fight, but I want to do all 3 because I love all 3.

Good luck brother.

No one can guarantee you that you will gain your black belt and that you will open a school, that will depend on how much effort you are able to put and also you must have some luck. However it is good that you have high ambitions. Good luck to you
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

what belt are you now? Just curious and how old are you?

I wish you the best of luck and think this is a grand idea, however it's very time relevant. not something you wanna just keep procrastinating about. The sooner you get back on the ball the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what I want to do first. Boxing, BJJ, or kickboxing. only for workout perposes not to fight, but I want to do all 3 because I love all 3.
    Go BJJ and Kickboxing, or just kickboxing. Get the best of both worlds right there!

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    what belt are you now? Just curious and how old are you?

I wish you the best of luck and think this is a grand idea, however it's very time relevant. not something you wanna just keep procrastinating about. The sooner you get back on the ball the better.

Go BJJ and Kickboxing, or just kickboxing. Get the best of both worlds right there!
    I'm 23.
    I'm a white belt because I never trained in a true BJJ school I've two years of no-gi grappling experience with a more mma oriented gym.

Definately time sensitive but I'm a pretty fast learner. I nearly won the 170 pound beginner division at naga with 2 months training. and decided to hold off competing for awhile because of my ego.

I'm hoping I can really buckle down.

I'm hoping it all comes together

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    I'm 23.
    I'm a white belt because I never trained in a true BJJ school I've two years of no-gi grappling experience with a more mma oriented gym.

Definately time sensitive but I'm a pretty fast learner. I nearly won the 170 pound beginner division at naga with 2 months training. and decided to hold off competing for awhile because of my ego.

I'm hoping I can really buckle down.

I'm hoping it all comes together
    My advice, just roll the dice.

The worst that can happen is you fail, and if you do so what? You just keep trying.

As cliche as it sounds, as long as you keep trying and refuse to accept anything less than what you want, then there's nothing that can stop you but you.

Thread Information