Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I've made the choice

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    I'm 23.
    I'm a white belt because I never trained in a true BJJ school I've two years of no-gi grappling experience with a more mma oriented gym.

Definately time sensitive but I'm a pretty fast learner. I nearly won the 170 pound beginner division at naga with 2 months training. and decided to hold off competing for awhile because of my ego.

I'm hoping I can really buckle down.

I'm hoping it all comes together
    Don't expect to reach blackbelt anytime soon man haha. Unless the instructor cares more about people's belts than their actual knowledge, the average time to reach blackbelt is at least 6-7 years of consistent training.

That being said, good luck to you man. I started training last April, took the summer off, and ive progressed tremendously. I love it.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Don't expect to reach blackbelt anytime soon man haha. Unless the instructor cares more about people's belts than their actual knowledge, the average time to reach blackbelt is at least 6-7 years of consistent training.

That being said, good luck to you man. I started training last April, took the summer off, and ive progressed tremendously. I love it.
    Na I know I'm pretty experienced in the game and know how it works.

I'm treating it like going to night school to get a better job or to get my masters.

To get back into the BJJ game.

I think I'm going to work on it as a career. Get my black belt and open a school in my area.

I have a lot of weight and fat to lose and a lot of training ahead of me. But after some deep soul searching I realized it's the only thing I truly love doing so I might as well give it a shot..

Has anyone else followed this path at all?

Good luck bro! I'd like to do that myself eventually. The timing isnt right for me right now with a new baby. But I enjoy working with the new people at the gym and showing tecniques. I dont know how your school works but my instructor has lots of affiliate schools and thats how a lot of guys get their starts, by renting a space at a local gym or fitness studio and teaching a few classes a week. I hope it works out for you!

Best of luck to you man! Always follow your dreams dude. You don't wanna look back and regret never knowing what could have been. Follow your passion my man, stay focused and best of luck.

That's called a broment right there.....

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I've followed a similar path in that I have a lot of weight and fat to lose......
    Gahahahahahaha, ahhhh, that's great. Can't rep, or I would.

Awesome response to a heartfelt post about soul searching and dreams.

Roadblock... Need a new gi old one don't fit.

not even sure how to fucking size these things.

ok just a little update.

My quest for BJJ greatness was derailed about 3 months ago because of a sprained knee.

It's on the mend now and I've been hitting the weights pretty hard since then. Feeling pretty good and almost ready to get back out there. exited.

ok just a little update.

My quest for BJJ greatness was derailed about 3 months ago because of a sprained knee.

It's on the mend now and I've been hitting the weights pretty hard since then. Feeling pretty good and almost ready to get back out there. exited.
    Good shit man, wish you the best.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information