Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva, @ 185lbs

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Is this a serious question?
    I am wondering the same thing. Diaz's style would be tailor made for Silva to pick apart and destroy. Hell, Diaz would be lucky to make it out of the first round.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Is this a serious question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. Diaz's style would be tailor made for Silva to pick apart and destroy. Hell, Diaz would be lucky to make it out of the first round.
    Absolutely, it's a serious question. Why wouldn't it be? Do you deny that Diaz is one of the best strikers in the WW division, if not the best? He has picked apart some other great strikers, like BJ, Paul Daley, Zaromskis, etc. His style is quite unique.

    Silva, of course, is a phenomenal striker as well, however he is not G*d. I don't believe that it's an instant win if an opponent chooses to stand against Silva. He hasn't faced another striker with Diaz's style.

    Diaz has fought at 185lbs before, so it's not completely foreign to him.

    I think it would be an interesting matchup myself.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Diaz gets mauled and mopped up off the canvas. His pressing forward style and reach disadvantage would give Silva a chubby.
    I am the liquor

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The mean streets of Harlem
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Absolutely, it's a serious question. Why wouldn't it be? Do you deny that Diaz is one of the best strikers in the WW division, if not the best? He has picked apart some other great strikers, like BJ, Paul Daley, Zaromskis, etc. His style is quite unique.

    Silva, of course, is a phenomenal striker as well, however he is not G*d. I don't believe that it's an instant win if an opponent chooses to stand against Silva. He hasn't faced another striker with Diaz's style.

    Diaz has fought at 185lbs before, so it's not completely foreign to him.

    I think it would be an interesting matchup myself.
    Yeh, some are looking at this in black and white. Saying that Diaz's style is tailor made for Silva is kind of stupid because what other style wouldnt be tailor made for him? To beat Silva striking, you have to pressure him. Simply put, there just hasnt been anyone good enough overall to beat him.

    It will be very hard for Silva to land a clean punch on Diaz. It would be a chess match that I think Silva would out point Diaz. It would look like 2 extremely high level Boxers trying to impose their will but Silva will get the better of the chest match because he has the height, reach, and strength advantage.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,028

    Default

    Silva would have a huge size, reach and skill advantage. Results would be the same as Leben v. Silva.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenero View Post
    Silva would have a huge size, reach and skill advantage. Results would be the same as Leben v. Silva.
    This^

    Silva would obliterate Diaz within the first round. He is way too fast, way too strong/big, and way too skilled for Diaz.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  7. Default

    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    Yeh, some are looking at this in black and white. Saying that Diaz's style is tailor made for Silva is kind of stupid because what other style wouldnt be tailor made for him? To beat Silva striking, you have to pressure him. Simply put, there just hasnt been anyone good enough overall to beat him.

    It will be very hard for Silva to land a clean punch on Diaz. It would be a chess match that I think Silva would out point Diaz. It would look like 2 extremely high level Boxers trying to impose their will but Silva will get the better of the chest match because he has the height, reach, and strength advantage.
    Diaz is really overrated or Silva is really underrated. Silva eats strikers for lunch and spits them out. He has already fought a guy who is arugably a better boxer then Diaz and that is Belfort. What happened in the fight? Silva made him look like a god damn fool.

    Silva is probably the best counter striker in the history of MMA and Diaz would play right into that. Diaz would come forward, eat a number of jabs until Silva found the right moment to unleash a fight ending strike. Plus we are talking about a guy whose jabs have demolished the chins of Leben and Okami. Two guys who you have to hit with a sledgehammer to rock and Silva did it with well timed jabs.

    Silva might have some weaknesses (takedown defense) but its not like Diaz would go all Chael Sonnen on Silva. So it would not be a matter of IF Diaz got finished it would be a matter of WHEN Silva got tired with him and decided to call it a day.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Welland , Ontario
    Posts
    789

    Default

    I can see diax throw his hands out and,just when he starts his taunting....he eats a front kick and goes to sleep. So I go with Silvia....griffin styles.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

    Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The mean streets of Harlem
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenero View Post
    Silva would have a huge size, reach and skill advantage. Results would be the same as Leben v. Silva.
    Do you understand that Leban's striking is amatuerish compared to Diaz? you cant compare the 2. This is just crazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Diaz is really overrated or Silva is really underrated. Silva eats strikers for lunch and spits them out. He has already fought a guy who is arugably a better boxer then Diaz and that is Belfort. What happened in the fight? Silva made him look like a god damn fool.
    Belfort has had problems with lesser strikers in Chuck liddell and Tito Ortiz. He is no Nick Diaz.

    Also, Diaz is underated IMO. There is no one 170lbs and under who can go toe to toe with him. Condit tried once, said fuck that, and was on his bicycle the whole fight.

    Diaz would not look like shit against Silva.

    Silva is probably the best counter striker in the history of MMA and Diaz would play right into that. Diaz would come forward, eat a number of jabs until Silva found the right moment to unleash a fight ending strike. Plus we are talking about a guy whose jabs have demolished the chins of Leben and Okami. Two guys who you have to hit with a sledgehammer to rock and Silva did it with well timed jabs.
    You dont really understand how good Diaz's striking is.

    Silva might have some weaknesses (takedown defense) but its not like Diaz would go all Chael Sonnen on Silva. So it would not be a matter of IF Diaz got finished it would be a matter of WHEN Silva got tired with him and decided to call it a day.
    non sense lol. It would be a very good fight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •