Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt

Hybrid View

Default Junior Dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt

I think this would be an interesting matchup. Who takes it?

JDS by UD. I can't see him finishing Hunt on the feet, and he doesn't have the TDs to get the fight to the mat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

JDS would light hunt up. Not sure if Hunts chin's is as legendary as it used to be. Once it is cracked, it will never be the same.

I'm pretty sure that JDS would takedown Hunt and finish him in the 2nd round after trading blows for a round and realizing how good Hunt's striking is.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Degenero View Post
    I'm pretty sure that JDS would takedown Hunt and finish him in the 2nd round after trading blows for a round and realizing how good Hunt's striking is.
    Hunt has good K1 experience but lets not act like he would handle JDS standing. JDS's boxing is far superior. Hunt has been primarily a puncher his entire career. He isnt going to rip your legs apart with kicks like old school cc. JDS would light him up standing.

Hunt has big power and a great chin, so he would always be dangerous, but JDS has a big speed advantage that Hunt wouldnt be able to handle.

I can somewhat see what people say about overeem may give JDS fits, but hunt at this point should not be considered that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Hunt has good K1 experience but lets not act like he would handle JDS standing. JDS's boxing is far superior. Hunt has been primarily a puncher his entire career. He isnt going to rip your legs apart with kicks like old school cc. JDS would light him up standing.

Hunt has big power and a great chin, so he would always be dangerous, but JDS has a big speed advantage that Hunt wouldnt be able to handle.

I can somewhat see what people say about overeem may give JDS fits, but hunt at this point should not be considered that way.
    Your just leaving out one thing...Hunt's extremely good counter punching ability. JDS couldn't just throw a huge OH right and put Hunt down like he did to Cain, he would have to do alot more than that, unless Hunt just came forward wrecklessly like against Manhoef. Hunt may not have CC calibre kicks but they are superior to JDS'. Hunt was landing some very hard kicks against cheik. To say JDS would light Hunt up on the feet is a bit of a bold statement. It's definitely possible as JDS is very, very good on the feet...but I think your underestimating Hunt's striking a bit...

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Your just leaving out one thing...Hunt's extremely good counter punching ability. JDS couldn't just throw a huge OH right and put Hunt down like he did to Cain, he would have to do alot more than that, unless Hunt just came forward wrecklessly like against Manhoef. Hunt may not have CC calibre kicks but they are superior to JDS'. Hunt was landing some very hard kicks against cheik. To say JDS would light Hunt up on the feet is a bit of a bold statement. It's definitely possible as JDS is very, very good on the feet...but I think your underestimating Hunt's striking a bit...
    No your right it wouldnt be easy to KO hunt at all, but not like it was before manhoef. Hunt is a good counter puncher but speed is very important for counter punching. JDS would have a huge speed advantage. If he plays it safe and doesnt bull rush in because of hunts power like he did against nelson or carwin, I just see JDS walking away with a decisive UD.

I think this fight looks alot like JDS vs Nelson. I got JDS by UD
    Believe in Chimichanga's

nice sig up above...but Id take Hunt if this fight were to happen. Hunt looked in better shape against kongo and easily shrugged off a takedown. Jds would prolly just stand anyways. Hunt probably has the better kicking game and of coarse an epic chin, and both guys have very good hands with mad power so for me I lean a bit towards Hunt...but he might be screwed if Jds did end up on top.

I think Hunt would win.
    JDS is a very good boxer but Hunt is still a great striker and still has a very good chin.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information