Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10

Default Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10

It's long been known that Mirko Cro Cop has planned a return to his original sport of kickboxing on March 10. Rumors circulated of potential opponents, with names like Errol Zimmerman and Dzevad Poturak popping up.

Croatian journalist Slobodan Mufic is reporting that Cro Cop will face none other than Ray Sefo on March 10 at the Zagreb Arena in Zagreb, Croatia. An official announcement of the fight will be made on Tuesday at a press conference at the Sheraton Zagreb hotel.

The event is named "K-1 Final Fight" as previously reported and it is being organized by Fight Channel, a TV station in the region.
    MiddleEasy.com | Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10

Sweet, Sefo is good but I think this is a nice return match for CroCop. I am looking forward to seeing him back in the the ring where he can put guys in tight spots.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Well, Sefo certainly has slowed down over the years. I'm not sure how this is going to go for Cro Cop though.

4. Default Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10

MiddleEasy.com | Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10

It's long been known that Mirko Cro Cop has planned a return to his original sport of kickboxing on March 10. Rumors circulated of potential opponents, with names like Errol Zimmerman and Dzevad Poturak popping up.

Croatian journalist Slobodan Mufic is reporting that Cro Cop will face none other than Ray Sefo on March 10 at the Zagreb Arena in Zagreb, Croatia. An official announcement of the fight will be made on Tuesday at a press conference at the Sheraton Zagreb hotel.

The event is named "K-1 Final Fight" as previously reported and it is being organized by Fight Channel, a TV station in the region. It's set to be pretty big, as the Zagreb Arena is a state of the art facility with a maximum capacity of 24 000 people. Other names like Daniel Ghita have been rumored for the fight card, but nothing is official yet.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

That will be an interesting fight.
    Mirko is not in the same shape he was before, but Ray Sefo is not Badr Hari or Gokhan Saki, so this is a winnable fight for Mirko.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I think CroCop will do better in Kickboxing then MMA. Lets hope for a resurgence in CroCop making waves in fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    I think CroCop will do better in Kickboxing then MMA. Lets hope for a resurgence in CroCop making waves in fighting.
    I think his tentativeness will carry over into any combat sport; he's an all time favourite of mine, so I always root for him, and always hope I'm wrong. But he's definitely lost a step; and the problem is that he knows it.

He is 36 years old, he has had a lot of surgeries, he obvioulsy does not has the same level of motivation he had 10 years ago.

Do not expect him to be the "Old K-1/Pride Crocop" because he will never be again at that level.

Let's just be happy because we had the privilege of watching a fighter like him. He is a legend of the sport, at his prime he did a lot of awesome things.
    Now I do not expect him anymore to be a beast and to destroy his opponent, I simply want to watch him fight and I just hope he does not end the battle seriously damaged.

It is like with Sakuraba. The guy is a legend, he has nothing else to prove. Of course he is not anymore at the level to compete with the Top fighters of today, but still it is cool to watch him in the ring.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

This is in the K1 forums already.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    This is in the K1 forums already.
    http://www.mmanews.com/forums/k-1-ki...arch-10-a.html

Thread Information