+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC Could Have Five International Versions of The Ultimate Fighter Next Year

Default UFC Could Have Five International Versions of The Ultimate Fighter Next Year

UFC Could Have Five International Versions of The Ultimate Fighter Next Year

UFC Could Have Five International Versions of The Ultimate Fighter Next Year | MMAWeekly.com

With the first international edition now under its belt, the UFC is looking to take TUF across the globe. The next international offering is already in progress with several more on tap.

“This is our first international series of The Ultimate Fighter,” said UFC managing director of international development Marshall Zelaznik. “We’ve got Australia vs. the U.K. coming up.”

TUF: Australia vs. the UK, dubbed The Smashes, has already gone through fighter tryouts and is headed into production for a likely fall run.

But the UFC isn’t stopping there.

“We could potentially have five Ultimate Fighter international versions next year in production,” added Zelaznik. “I think when we see more international Ultimate Fighters is when you’ll probably see something like a World Cup come about.”

The “World Cup” format he mentioned is a reference to having Ultimate Fighter winners from around the globe square off in a sort of Ultimate Ultimate Fighter tournament.

Zelaznik didn’t detail which five locals might get an international edition of TUF next year, but the company has already confirmed a return to Brazil, Australia could possibly see a second run if this year’s edition goes well, and Canada, of course, has to be a top consideration.

There are still several other possibilities to fill the remaining slots. White has often mentioned the Philippines, China, and Mexico as possibilities, and his standard “we’re going everywhere” leaves the options wide open.

Just where TUF will land next year remains to be seen, but it’s obvious that it is going to be a key piece in the UFC’s arsenal as the company spreads its brand of MMA across the globe.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

having Ultimate Fighter winners from around the globe square off in a sort of Ultimate Ultimate Fighter tournament
    Man that'd be awsome.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information