Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

Default Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'
    Q: As you know, we love our hockey here. And it remains the only other pro sport that allows fighting. Curious as to your thoughts on fighting in hockey?

A: I'm not a big hockey fan. But I respect how talented you have to be to play hockey. Soccer? That's a whole other ball. Can't stand soccer. It's the least-talented sport on Earth. There's a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you're playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that's a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big? Now back to hockey. You have guys on skates with crooked sticks and you have to hit a puck into a net that's the same size as the goalie. And at any time someone could take your head right off your shoulders and it's perfectly legal. That's a real sport that takes real talent, speed and all the things you need to be a real athlete. Now fighting is a part of hockey and has been since Day 1. It's part of the game. It is what it is. I think we live in a world now where everything has been so pussy-fied. When I grew up we didn't wear helmets when we rode our bikes. We didn't have car seats. We didn't have all this stuff. Now things are safer and we should be safer but let's not go overboard. Fighting's a part of hockey. Period.
    UFC President Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth' - Bloody Elbow

....meh, I don't know about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I really wish this article had the correct title which should be "Dana White defends fighting in hockey."
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Soccer players are sissies though.

It shameful the way they take falls.

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    Soccer players are sissies though.

It shameful the way they take falls.
    That's a bit light isn't it?

I'd describe them as disgusting, cheating, spineless, bastards of an otherwise great game.

Whilst I agree with what Dana says, I am not at all surprised his argument for his opinion is just ridiculous.

Can't wait for footie tonight! I play in goal, the pussy free zone.

Quote Originally Posted by FCK View Post

I'd describe them as disgusting, cheating, spineless, bastards of an otherwise great game.
    Pretty much how I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Dumb dumb comments by dana.

Way to piss off the fans of one of the most popular sports in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Im sure the Brazilians will have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I really wish this article had the correct title which should be "Dana White defends fighting in hockey."
    B.E. what can I say? And, it is already in noobjack city

Quote Originally Posted by FCK View Post
    That's a bit light isn't it?

Whilst I agree with what Dana says, I am not at all surprised his argument for his opinion is just ridiculous.

Can't wait for footie tonight! I play in goal, the pussy free zone.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post

I agree but he was obviously pandering to the Canadian crowd. And I bet NL will tell you they ate that shit up! Soccer is popular but not huge in Canada, hell, I bet 50% of Canadians think soccer is for pussies and prima donnas.

What is a thread dissing soccer with out a diva highlight tape:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ppt7NdIj_yg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ppt7NdIj_yg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

*Edit - damn, no highlight video, videos dont work in Noobjack?

Ignorance.

Thread Information