Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

Not so much ignorance.... seems more like genuine dislike.

To me soccer is something that is fun to play but boring as fuck to watch. Much like baseball.

Pussyfied...? Interesting choice of non-existent verb Mr. White.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

UFC President Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth' - Bloody ElbowThat's a whole other ball. Can't stand soccer. It's the least-talented sport on Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post
    Dumb dumb comments by dana.

Way to piss off the fans of one of the most popular sports in the world.

Oh yes and there is one or two fans of soccer in Brazil...you know where Aldo has a sponsorship...ugh.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Pussyfied...? Interesting choice of non-existent verb Mr. White.
    Yet still approriate it seems.

5. 03-23-2012, 01:45 AM

What a dumbass.

He is probably just jealous because if there is one sport that will be forever much more popular than MMA is football (The real name for "soccer")

Or maybe aside of MLS he has never watched a football league.
    He should go and watch a Champions League match (specially a FC Barcelona game).

To say that they are not talented because they do not score 10 goals per game is like saying that MMA fighters are a failure because they have trained how to punch and kick their whole life and however half of the time they fight for 15 minuted and can not KO their opponent.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I mean it says something about a sport when women can easily beat men at it.

Personally I always though soccer one was of the most boring sports. Since a lot of people's definition is different on what constitutes a sport I'm not sure what I consider to be the least talented sport. I'll at least say soccer players have good cardio.

I live in the US and I always thought people here that liked soccer were hipsters and those who acted like they knew it all and wanted to deviate from the norm.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    I mean it says something about a sport when women can easily beat men at it.
    You think women can easily beat men at soccer?

I am not even a soccer fan (I do watch the world cup), but to say it takes no skill. Try dribbling a ball down a field with your feet. While I was deployed to eastern europe I would give out soccer balls to the locals. We would play friendly games against kids and they would beat our ass.

Like Dana White could play any sport. I like Dana, but he was not an athlete that I know of. Unless you consider having a jazzercise class being an athlete.

How old is this article? It seems to be the same thing Dana said when he was in either Toronto or Montreal before one of the UFC's and they brought him to a hockey game to check it out. So I'm thinking B.E just regurgitated a quote from 2-3 years ago for a slow news day. Come on all you mma writers out there, just because it's going to be on the web and not in a magazine or news paper doesn't mean you should just slap some shit together and call it an article. I can't wait until the day when internet news sites start mirroring the quality of a paper article from before the internet got big. Cause lets face it with all the news paper cut backs their articles (atleast where I live) have been pretty shitty as of the last couple years.
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

I'm a Canadian and I love hockey, but his comments towards soccer was some of the dumbest and most ignorant remarks he has ever made. Soccer has some of the fittest and talented athletes in the world and the reason people can relate to it is because it's so basic with simple rules.

Also, what kind of argument is that 3-year olds can even play soccer? 3-year old can fight and can also practice all the martial arts, does that make fighters some of the least talented people as well? 3-year old can run, should we bash track athletes too? 3-year olds can skate, should we bash olympic skaters too?

Times like this is when someone should wear some metal studded soccer cleats and kick Dana's teeth down his throat.

Thread Information