+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumour - Brock Lesnar signs 1 year deal with WWE

I've been calling Brock to return at Mania since his loss to Overeem. The fact that there was complete radio silence on this until the day before WM is pretty awesome, since it means only Vince, Brock, Steph, HHH, Rock & Cena know, they've been keeping a tight lid on things cuz the dirtsheets haven't said a fucking thing.

This is the perfect way for WWE to have the main event be a schmoz with neither Cena or Rock having to do the job(a big sticking point in the company). IMO, the lights go out with both men on mat & come back on with Brock in the ring. Double F5's and leaves them lying with Brock standing victorious as they go off the air. Can't think of a greater cliffhanger for next night's Raw(that happens to be their biggest of the year) and gives legs to Cena & Rock to have a three-way match at Summerslam &/or WM29 as planned. Brock's such a massive name in combat sports, this is the type of thing WWE has been salivating for a while now.

I don't see them involving Brock with Taker if only because I don't think Brock can work well enough to compensate for the current physically deteriorated state Taker's in. They're also pretty determined to have HHH/HBK be the backstory so they can have a bout together at next year's Mania too. The Streak will only be defended against guys who can work GREAT & protect the shit out of Taker and bump like hell for him. Brock(if he's not back fulltime, is therefore not the guy). I think next year, if Taker's still able to work his Santa Claus schedule(1 day a year lol), I think Barrett, Ziggler or Punk get the nod.

Mark my words, if this happens(could be a smoke screen since Batista's in town too) it'll 99% be in Rock/Cena and leave both men laying. I've also heard a Cena heel turn is possible, but his merch sells amazingly and is too great of a cash cow to give up.....

Also wouldn't be surprised if WWE does something ridiculous like just book a showdown between Batista and Brock. Their booking is TERRIBLE for the most part and they might do something out of the realm of commmon sense.

Anything involving Brock's return is ALL ABOUT the next night's RAW rating coupled with selling tickets in NJ for next year's Mania.

i just don't think the rock would agree to do all this build up just to have a draw cliffhanger.

meh.

I think the only thing that will disappoint me is if a lot of MMA fighters show up in the crowd and are pointed out as celebrities. I thought that was pretty sad when WWE guys showed up at UFC events and were subtitled with their "championship" accolades, but at least they were coming to MMA for attention and legitimacy, not the other way around.

Although it occurs to me that I'll never know, as I have less interest in watching any professional wrestling events than I do in eating poo.

rh

oh, and I'm leaving the misspelling in the title because it made me laugh.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I've been calling Brock to return at Mania since his loss to Overeem. The fact that there was complete radio silence on this until the day before WM is pretty awesome, since it means only Vince, Brock, Steph, HHH, Rock & Cena know, they've been keeping a tight lid on things cuz the dirtsheets haven't said a fucking thing.

This is the perfect way for WWE to have the main event be a schmoz with neither Cena or Rock having to do the job(a big sticking point in the company). IMO, the lights go out with both men on mat & come back on with Brock in the ring. Double F5's and leaves them lying with Brock standing victorious as they go off the air. Can't think of a greater cliffhanger for next night's Raw(that happens to be their biggest of the year) and gives legs to Cena & Rock to have a three-way match at Summerslam &/or WM29 as planned. Brock's such a massive name in combat sports, this is the type of thing WWE has been salivating for a while now.

I don't see them involving Brock with Taker if only because I don't think Brock can work well enough to compensate for the current physically deteriorated state Taker's in. They're also pretty determined to have HHH/HBK be the backstory so they can have a bout together at next year's Mania too. The Streak will only be defended against guys who can work GREAT & protect the shit out of Taker and bump like hell for him. Brock(if he's not back fulltime, is therefore not the guy). I think next year, if Taker's still able to work his Santa Claus schedule(1 day a year lol), I think Barrett, Ziggler or Punk get the nod.

Mark my words, if this happens(could be a smoke screen since Batista's in town too) it'll 99% be in Rock/Cena and leave both men laying. I've also heard a Cena heel turn is possible, but his merch sells amazingly and is too great of a cash cow to give up.....

Also wouldn't be surprised if WWE does something ridiculous like just book a showdown between Batista and Brock. Their booking is TERRIBLE for the most part and they might do something out of the realm of commmon sense.

Anything involving Brock's return is ALL ABOUT the next night's RAW rating coupled with selling tickets in NJ for next year's Mania.
    Anyways...

When did HBK come back? I thought he retired like Edge? I seldomly have time to keep up with the WWE due to my work schedule.

is this all part of some stupid april fools shit?

If Wrestlemania wasn't $80 I'd consider ordering it.

I doubt he will come back tonight. Watch for him to return at the Draft or tomorrow night. He still has to get back into pro wrestling shape which is not easy.

If I was the WWE I would have Cena beat the Rock, come out tomorrow night and give a great promo about now being the best of all time. Then Lesnar come back and just destroy him and set up a Cena v. Lesnar rivalry for his return.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I doubt he will come back tonight. Watch for him to return at the Draft or tomorrow night. He still has to get back into pro wrestling shape which is not easy.
    He doesn't have to get into WWE shape to deliver 2 F5s.

If I was the WWE I would have Cena beat the Rock, come out tomorrow night and give a great promo about now being the best of all time. Then Lesnar come back and just destroy him and set up a Cena v. Lesnar rivalry for his return.
    That sure wouldn't do much for the Rock's career now would it? I think that that idea is horrible. Both Cena and Rock should get destroyed by Brock setting up a triple threat match or whatever its called for Monday Night Raw or whenever it comes on.

If the reports are true that he signed a deal and he's in Miami, which I believe they are, he's definitely showing up tonight. He shows up tonight you will get some people to watch RAW tomorrow night and possibly stick with watching it that otherwise may not. He shows up tomorrow night and you miss grabbing those potential viewers.

Brown Pride

10. Default

Either way I'm not watching it. What ever happens it doesn't have to make sense just money the Vince way!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information