Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE fan dies from rear naked choke

Default WWE fan dies from rear naked choke

WWE fan dies from rear naked choke - MMA News
    With the rise in popularity of mixed martial arts, the use of MMA techniques like chokes and armbars has increased in the WWE. In a macabre accident, the combination proved fatal in Louisiana.

A 24-year-old Louisiana man died Sunday night when, authorities say, he stopped breathing while wrestling with a young cousin on the floor. Stephen A. Arceneaux III was pronounced dead at St. Charles Parish Hospital at 10:39 p.m. An autopsy was being performed in New Orleans on Monday.

According to St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne, Arceneaux had gathered with friends at a home on Murray Hill Drive to watch the pay-per-view event "Wrestlemania 28" on television when he and a 14-year-old cousin began to wrestle on an inflated mattress on the floor. The juvenile, who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds, placed his arm around the neck of Arceneaux, who was 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighed 220 pounds, in a "rear naked choke" for 30 to 40 seconds.

Witnesses reported that Arceneaux said he would not give up or “tap out,” since many wrestlers tap out as a last resort.

But at some point, someone noticed that Arceneaux was turning blue and told the youngster to release the hold. When he did, witnesses realized that Arceneaux had stopped breathing and dialed 911, shortly after 10 p.m.

Arceneaux's girlfriend tried to revive him with CPR. He was transported to St. Charles Parish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Champagne said the investigation is continuing. No arrests have been made.

"It's bizarre," said Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. Pat Yoes. "We're still investigating it. But when you have violent horseplay like that, it just goes to show you that anything can happen."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Guess he should have tapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

That is what happens when you have watched too much WWE and you do not realize that in real life chokes and other submission moves can seriously hurt you (or kill you) in a matter of seconds.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

yeah lets blame this on WWE...that makes perfect sense...ugh

its out there mma wwe and my kids watch. both my boys act as boys should and wrestle around all the time. i find it best to educate them on what is dangerous and how they could hurt each other. even if these forms of entertainment were not out there boys would still be boys. i find that at least with my kids solid information of what is acceptable roughhousing and what is not is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    its out there mma wwe and my kids watch. both my boys act as boys should and wrestle around all the time. i find it best to educate them on what is dangerous and how they could hurt each other. even if these forms of entertainment were not out there boys would still be boys. i find that at least with my kids solid information of what is acceptable roughhousing and what is not is sufficient.
    I couldn't have said it better. I am a father of two boys with a little girl on the way. I wrestle with my boys all the time but I also make sure they know proper techniques and what the consequences of those techniques could be. This is why it pains me to see the media blame the WWE or the UFC for these kinds of accidents. improper parenting and supervision is to blame here not the television.

Don't try this at home, moron.

Executing techniques you have absolutely no idea how to do can easily end up with dire consequences.

A very tragic life-altering situation that could have been avoided. This is not the first time and it won't be the last.

30 to 40 seconds is a long time. I have passed out from chokes (doing Judo and BJJ) from 3- 5 seconds. How long did it take someone to notice that the kid should let go? I guess they thought he was going to turn Ultimate Warrior on them and start shaking the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    yeah lets blame this on WWE...that makes perfect sense...ugh
    Better than mma.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

sad and very unnecesary, on the one hand i feel no one person is to blame on the other had that youngster must have been squeezing very tight and not bothering to consider safety, like others said its doesnt take very many seconds to pass out if your tired or dont know what your doing.

Thread Information