Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how many rounds do u think shamrock and ortiz goes?

The first Ken/Tito fight is the last time that Tito finished a fight, that being a doctor stoppage not a KO or submission. Ken isn't going to tap out to Tito Tito won't be able to KO Ken on the feet and Ken probably will stay active enough to keep from the ref stopping it. So just like last fight, Tito Ground and Pounding Ken for three rounds.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Ken in Round 2. His hatred for Tito and because this could, and should, be his last fight. He is going to go all out, taking a beating again but still fighting strong, and get lucky again like he did v. Kimo with a wild punch. Then he can retire peacefully and we never have to hear about Ortiz/Shamrock ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgucator
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Ken in Round 2. His hatred for Tito and because this could, and should, be his last fight. He is going to go all out, taking a beating again but still fighting strong, and get lucky again like he did v. Kimo with a wild punch. Then he can retire peacefully and we never have to hear about Ortiz/Shamrock ever again.
    his fight with Kimo wasn't won with a Lucky punch.He KOed Kimo with a well placed Knee.
    Last edited by killerinstinct; 06-30-2006 at 12:11 AM.

wild punch? it was an excellent knee from the clinch that KO'd Kimo.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

side note to this since the faking the injury idea came up, ya notice forrest was supposed to take the shamrock fight. But then tito came back and said he would fight anyway. But we havent heard anything else about it, since the forrest, tito, shamrock switchup. Almost makes you wonder what is really going to happen, I cant see the fight being made then given back to tito. And with nothing else being said about the forrest part, I cant see something like that being kept quiet with no one saying anything about it. Boone u got any theories on that part of it ?

yeah, everybody seemed to forget that part, that it had been confirmed that Griffin would be fighting in Tito's place. Then at UFC 60 they were promoting Ortiz vs. Shamrock again, with no mention of Griffin whatsoever.

I think Tito was under the impression that the fight would be postponed until he recovered, however when they announced Forrest would take his place he suspected a Ken loss & retirement. Therefore no rematch with the man he detests the most in mma.

With that in mind even with the injury (alledged?) he wanted to be the one to send Shamrock into retirement & so re-instated himself as fit to the UFC.

With Ortiz Vs Shamrock being still one of the biggest draws, the UFC bit his hand off.

That's how I see it anyways.

i like that theory

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    wild punch? it was an excellent knee from the clinch that KO'd Kimo.
    I'v eseen the fight, I just worded my post wrong. And I'm really no expert on MMA, I've been told by three people it was a fluke and a lucky knee. Can't believe everything you read I guess.

I'v eseen the fight, I just worded my post wrong. And I'm really no expert on MMA, I've been told by three people it was a fluke and a lucky knee. Can't believe everything you read I guess.
    Man I dont see how it was a lucky knee though lol theres no way it was to be real, Ken was throwin knees in the clinch for awhile and Kimo wasnt doin much then BAM Ken threw one that Kimo pretty much put his head into and he was out.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Thread Information