+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chael Sonnen opens his own pizza shop, 'Mean Street'

Default Chael Sonnen opens his own pizza shop, 'Mean Street'

Chael Sonnen opens his own pizza shop, 'Mean Street'

MMA’s number one “gangster from Oregon” has bought himself a pizza shop.

Chael Sonnen last month became a partner in Mean Street Pizza, a “New York-style” pizza emporium located in Sonnen’s home town of West Linn, Oregon.

Previously known as ‘Pizza Schmizza’, the premises had closed down in January due to poor trade. But with one half of its new ownership being - according to himself - the baddest man on the planet, West Linn’s pizza punters are sure to fall into line.

“I came up here the day after it was closed and I saw the “For Lease” sign. I made contact with the leasing agent and he and I had a great conversation over the phone,” Lee Gamble, co-owner of Mean Street Pizza’, told the local newspaper.

“He liked the motivation and direction I was going in, so all that was left to do was for me to get my ducks in a row… Chael and I are equal partners. I basically brought the idea to him and he funded it,” Gamble said. “We have been good friends for a couple years now.”

“I was in Chicago for a fight and I got a call. I’ve always liked the place and didn’t want to see it close. It will be the same concept with an addition of a few menu items and video games,” said Sonnen, who was also responsible for the name - Gamble was going to call it the decidedly un-gangster ‘Slices’.
    Chael Sonnen opens his own pizza shop, 'Mean Street' - Fighters Only
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

It's a front. He's laundering money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    It's a front. He's laundering money.
    Kevo, my god you are really bringing it for me today.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information