Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another rumor by FRB. Anderson refuses fight in America

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    I have to think that Anderson stands to lose a handsome sum of endorsement $$$ if this fight moves from Brazil to America. Yes, Anderson is a diva, but I can understand why he'd be reluctant to relocate.
    Mauro had the UFC announcer for Brazil on his podcast yesterday who was saying Anderson is literally the number 2 athlete in the country. He was saying Brazil is very upset this fight may be changed to America.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

FRB's a pretty big rumormonger, so take it with a grain of salt. He does sometimes get things right, but he's also pretty far off the mark more often than he's on.

I'll take this as just that until I hear validation from any more reputable source. Until then, I'd say this should get NoobJack'd.

If this rumor turns out to be true, we'll never hear the end of it from Sonnen.

Ugh. I really wanted to go to this event!! I really hope this isn't true.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I really doubt this is accurate.

If this rumor turns out to be true, we'll never hear the end of it from Sonnen.
    Well, to be honest, we wouldn't have heard the end of something from him, so it might as well have been about this, if it's true.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    FRB's a pretty big rumormonger, so take it with a grain of salt. He does sometimes get things right, but he's also pretty far off the mark more often than he's on.

I'll take this as just that until I hear validation from any more reputable source. Until then, I'd say this should get NoobJack'd.
    If you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will stick, thats FRB's attitude. This should be noobjacked to be honest.

7. 04-21-2012, 06:15 AM

8. 04-21-2012, 06:21 AM

There is no way on hell they would fire Anderson if he declined to fight some place other than Brazil. It would be forever known as the worst mistake in MMA history.

Looks like this rumor is somewhat squashed:

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/193548127674970113

And whatever jackass said Anderson silva would be stripped of his title is a liar. He is fighting Chael and there has been no issue at all!!

Yea!!!

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I can't see him firing Silva... Silva is a marketable guy who brings a huge amount of revenue to the UFC. Would the UFC really want to let a guy like him go rather than let him fight in Brazil and reap HUGE financial rewards from one of the most hotly anticipated rematches in MMA history?

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I have to think that Anderson stands to lose a handsome sum of endorsement $$$ if this fight moves from Brazil to America. Yes, Anderson is a diva, but I can understand why he'd be reluctant to relocate.
    Yes. how is that fair to him. It would hit him financially, but also he would go from fighting at home against one of the most hated people in brazil to fighing in the US to a bunch of "U.S.A." chants.

Quote Originally Posted by macewen View Post
    If its true I'll lose a lot of respect for Anderson
    Unlike GSP, Anderson doesnt get to fight in his home country that often. It would only be his second UFC fight in Brazil... How many times has GSP fought in canada...

Thread Information