Thread: Donít Count UFC Boss Dana White Among the Brock Lesnar or WWE Detractors

Default Donít Count UFC Boss Dana White Among the Brock Lesnar or WWE Detractors

Don't Count UFC Boss Dana White Among the Brock Lesnar or WWE Detractors | MMAWeekly.com

ďThe guy came over here at thirty-whatever-years-old. When he came over here the guy was 1-0 in MMA and I was like, youíre crazy. Youíre gonna get smashed over here, and he didnít,Ē recounted White.

ďWe threw all the toughest guys at him, and he accomplished what he accomplished.Ē

White also respects something about Lesnar and his camp that is a rare commodity in the mixed martial arts worldÖ secrecy.

The UFC doesnít mind its fighters talking about their upcoming fights, promoting themselves and their sponsors; they just want it done in a certain manner. But somehow, it always seems that nearly every fight that anyone cares about leaks about to John Q. Public before UFC officials are ready.

Thatís one thing that White says he never had to worry about with Lesnar.

ďWhen he did the deal with the WWE, all the rumblings started with you guys. He never called me. He never told me. He didnít have to. It was always up front and said in his deal, he could do the WWE,Ē said White.

ďOne of the things I love about Brock is, everything we did with that guy, nothing ever leaked out of that camp.Ē

Lesnarís star in the world of MMA was perhaps of the shooting variety, fighting only eight times in his career. But having defeated the likes of Randy Couture, Frank Mir, and Shane Carwin, and capturing the UFC heavyweight title are no small feats.

He did lose back-to-back bouts to Cain Velasquez and Alistair Overeem, sending him packing out of the Octagon, but donít every expect to hear White ever again join the chorus of those who discredit what Lesnar did, or his return home to the WWE.

ďIím happy for him. To do what he did in the WWE, came here and did what he did, now heís back over there. Good for him; good for them.Ē

Obviously Dana is very happy with Brock. He brought a lot of fans and money to the UFC, how would Dana could dislike him?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky>Fedor View Post
    Obviously Dana is very happy with Brock. He brought a lot of fans and money to the UFC, how would Dana could dislike him?
    Exactly. Brock was a good business man, he kept to himself, did media when he had to, and had a look/persona people wanted to see. Besides, Brock isn't that old and may yet want to return to the UFC, it's a possibility and a big money maker, "Brock Lesnar returns to the UFC to regain his belt!" - I can see the ads now.

Brock Lesnar in the WWE is free promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    Exactly. Brock was a good business man, he kept to himself, did media when he had to, and had a look/persona people wanted to see. Besides, Brock isn't that old and may yet want to return to the UFC, it's a possibility and a big money maker, "Brock Lesnar returns to the UFC to regain his belt!" - I can see the ads now.
    Or, "Brock Lesnar returns to give Frank Mir one more unfortunate drubbing."

Thread Information