+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Current Plans for Another Heavyweight Season of The Ultimate Fighter

Default No Current Plans for Another Heavyweight Season of The Ultimate Fighter

No Current Plans for Another Heavyweight Season of the Ultimate Fighter | MMAWeekly.com
    The Ultimate Fighter doesn’t appear to be a launching pad for new heavyweights again any time soon.

UFC president Dana White says that despite the success of Season 10 of the reality show with an all-heavyweight cast, the division simply isn’t deep enough to do another show with 16 fighters vying to get a spot on the UFC roster.

“The problem is that there aren’t a lot of heavyweights,” White said recently. “For me to go out and find 16 great heavyweights, if there’s 16 (expletive) great heavyweights out there, I need them in the UFC, not on The Ultimate Fighter.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Plus HW fighters on past TUF seasons haven't been known for good cardio, made for some really dull and uninspiring performances.

How many past HW TUF cast members are still in the UFC fighting at HW?

Schaub
    Mitrione
    Nelson

That's all I can think of.

Might make more sense if they were going to do it to have a couple weight classes on the show at the same time like they did in the past.

I'm sure they could get Tim Sylvia to be on it

TUF 10 was entertaining, however most of the fights were horrible. The fighters were gassed after 1 minute.

And I think it is only a matter of time before Nelson and Schaub get released so soon Mitrione will be the only one TUF member left in UFC.
    And Mitrione has improved a lot since TUF. Hopefully he fights soon again. It has been like 6 months since his last fight and he is not scheduled.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information