Thread: Is Another Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season on the Horizon?

Default Is Another Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season on the Horizon?

Is Another Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season on the Horizon?

Is Another Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season on the Horizon? | MMAWeekly.com

One idea that may come up in the near future would be a do over of the infamous fourth season of the reality show in which the UFC welcomed in a group of past fighters to compete with the grand prize being a title shot at a current champion.

Fighters on the fourth season of The Ultimate Fighter dubbed The Comeback, included Matt Serra, Chris Lytle, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Charles McCarthy, Din Thomas, Jorge Rivera, and Shonie Carter.

What no one could have predicted, however, is that one of the winners actually went on to defeat an incumbent champion.

“People keep asking me about the comeback. It was a great season, and the craziest part of that whole season is Matt Serra wins it and actually wins the title. It was crazy,” said White recently.

Serra defeated Georges St-Pierre in one of the biggest upsets in UFC history at UFC 69 in 2007 to claim the welterweight title.

The popularity and discussion about that season of the show has continued all the way until now, and the prospect of doing another “Comeback” season seems like something the UFC and White might be interested in doing.

“But the answer is yeah, we’re looking to do a lot of different stuff now with The Ultimate Fighter Live and that would be a fun one,” White stated.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

not a bad idea. Dana should make some of the former bigger names go through it.

Timmeh, AA, Barnett.

Hell if Dana somehow made Fedor go though tuff, like he did kimbo. that would be gold.

Joking aside it is not a bad idea at all, they could do it for multiple weight classes and not have problems filling the house. Who would be the coaches?

I said in another post that I like the idea and they can find a lot of decent HWs to go through it.

Herring
    Timmy
    AA
    Rizzo
    Vera
    Ausserio Silva
    Monson
    Ricco

Then they could do a LW season

Sherk
    Franca
    Pulver
    Gomi
    Din
    Fisher
    Stevenson
    Griffin

Coaches - Cain/Bigfoot winner v. Mir/JDS winner or Bendo/Edgar v. Nate Diaz or both. Would be cool to see coaching teams, Cain/Bendo v. JDS/Diaz would be different and insteresting.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I love the idea of another comeback season, don't think they could get away with awarding the winner a title shot though. I think looking at the champs, few divisions would produce a competitive fight between a fighter who was cut, and any of the current champs.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I said in another post that I like the idea and they can find a lot of decent HWs to go through it.

Herring
    Timmy
    AA
    Rizzo
    Vera
    Ausserio Silva
    Monson
    Ricco

Then they could do a LW season

Sherk
    Franca
    Pulver
    Gomi
    Din
    Fisher
    Stevenson
    Griffin

Coaches - Cain/Bigfoot winner v. Mir/JDS winner or Bendo/Edgar v. Nate Diaz or both. Would be cool to see coaching teams, Cain/Bendo v. JDS/Diaz would be different and insteresting.
    that would be great. Too bad none of this will ever even come close to happening. Watching 14 guys in a house and compete isnt that interesting, it is played out at this point, with people you have no investment in.

If they brought back some of those names it would be great.

the team coaches is also a good idea.

to be honest, i wasnt really a fan of the comeback. i think if you have had more than one fight in the ufc, you should be ineligible for tuf. the show should be reserved for finding NEW talent.

I think Bleacher Report had a article on this. (a good article for once) It'd give people more reason to watch since everyone already knows who the fighters are.

I think it would be awesome.. Just not for a title shot. It would be really entertaining, seeing fighters I am familiar with and probably used to cheer for duke it out.

Serra defeated Georges St-Pierre in one of the biggest upsets in UFC history at UFC 69 in 2007 to claim the welterweight title.
    I think you could make a strong argument it's one of the top 5 upsets in sports history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Id love it. Instead of having vets that are exchamps or house hold names being coached by 24 year olds...bring in some legends like Couture, Liddell, Hughes and forego the coach fight.
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information