Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Josh Koscheck vs BJ Penn

Default Rumor: Josh Koscheck vs BJ Penn

From Koscheck's Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JoshKoscheck/...84574307938304

Josh Koscheck
    ‏@JoshKoscheck

#UFC just offered me to fight BJ Penn...I said YES!!!!! Just waiting on him!!!!!! Let's scrap bra?

Fuck I hope BJ takes the fight and pulls off a sick sub on Kos,,, But I see it more as Kos holding BJ down for round 1, eye poke in round to allows Kos to land some shots and then more holding down in round 3 for the decision. BJ announces his retirement yet again.

Is Koscheck violating a gentleman's agreement not to disclose the names of fighters who (potentially) decline fights. Clearly Kos wants the fight, and he's using the public tactics to put pressure on BJ into accepting.

Is this cool or not cool? What say you, MMA community?

I'm cool with it. A win over penn would be a big highlight for kos. If bj denies him the chance he should be allowed to share that info if he chooses to. I also wouldn't complain if bj turned it down & said kos hasn't accomplished enough to fight him.

bj is gonna jab kos to death! this is a great fight for penn.. if he loses, it's because kos dry humped him and was afraid to stand with a smaller man. i think this is a win win for penn. puts him back into the top 5-7 ww's with a win...
    lemme touch your feet

Losing because you can't stop the takedown is called poor takedown defense. It is not "dry humping". Also i'm sick of this smaller guy crap that bj gets a pass for. If they fight they will be at 170 each. He has the option of fighting at a lower class.

Quote Originally Posted by DH19 View Post
    Losing because you can't stop the takedown is called poor takedown defense. It is not "dry humping". Also i'm sick of this smaller guy crap that bj gets a pass for. If they fight they will be at 170 each. He has the option of fighting at a lower class.
    I don't disagree with all that you are saying, but if they fight they will not both be at 170, unless you mean the day before at the weigh ins. This is a bad match up (IMO) for BJ. I would love to see him take on Demain Maia, or someone who is not a super strong wrestler. Rematch with Diaz would be nice. BJ is tough, but he is not a grinder, and does poorly (IMO) against grinders.

Yes sir i meant weigh-ins. Bj is making the choice to fight at 170. There are other options present, & he picked 170. You said you'd like to see him face a wrestler, but most of the top guys at 170 are wrestlers. I doubt bj would take a step down.

I meant you'd like to see him face a non-elite wrestler. Sorry man i just got off work i'm super tired. Any ways i think bj probably would turn down a fight with mia.

If Penn actually comes in in really good shape, I think he takes Kos by UD or early tko...but he usually shows up with a little pudge which you can't be doing against someone like Kos.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Thread Information