Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rumor: Josh Koscheck vs BJ Penn

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Is Koscheck violating a gentleman's agreement not to disclose the names of fighters who (potentially) decline fights. Clearly Kos wants the fight, and he's using the public tactics to put pressure on BJ into accepting.

Is this cool or not cool? What say you, MMA community?
    Well, it is Koscheck we are talking about here. It's a pretty smart idea though if he really really wants to fight him.

I personally think Koscheck will go and trade with him on the feet, but in doing so, he will go ahead and lose via UD and another eye shut...

Penn has stated that he's staying retired.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

This is a fight I have wanted to see for a long time and I am glad it is finally happening.

I think Koscheck takes this via decision. BJ Penn will win the first round but Koscheck will use his size to eventually wear Penn down and win rounds 2 and 3. Should be a pretty epic clash.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Whats the name of the guy that tossed nate around like a rag doll? I wanna see him take on kosheck instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremo View Post
    Whats the name of the guy that tossed nate around like a rag doll? I wanna see him take on kosheck instead.
    Rory MacDonald!

I really want to see Bj fight again but not at 170. Im tired of seeing him loose to bigger stronger guys. I admire Bj hart but unless he wants to retire again he needs to fight at 155. Kos can take Bj down and hold him there all fight. Kos also never gets tired witch is a huge problem for Bj. Bj hasnt really had a decent win at 170 for a long time. He beat and over the hill Hughes and got a tie against Fitch.

Bj could make another run at 155 IMO. I dont think he could win more than 2 in a row at 170.

7. Default

B.J. Penn Declines Fight with Josh Koscheck: 'I'm Not Coming Back Anytime Soon' | MMAWeekly.com

Thanks but no thanks.

On late Wednesday evening, UFC welterweight Josh Koscheck revealed that he had been offered a fight against former two-weight class champion B.J. Penn, and he immediately accepted.

At the time, Koscheck was still awaiting word back from Penn and his camp to if they would accept the fight.

On Thursday, Penn answered back and returned in form on Twitter stating that heís not ready to come back yet, and would not be facing Koscheck.

ďI know it costs a lot of money to live that lavish lifestyle, big house, fast cars, and you need big fights, but sorry Iím not coming back anytime soon,Ē wrote Penn when addressing Koscheck on the social networking site.

Penn has backed off his retirement statements of late, but it looks like whenever the UFC was asking him to step into the cage with Koscheck was sooner than he was ready to return.

The former welterweight and lightweight champion stepped away from the sport following a loss to Nick Diaz at UFC 137 last year, and since that time has kept his statements vague about returning to fighting.

Just recently, UFC President Dana White revealed that Penn would come back to the Octagon, but it looks like it wonít be for the fight with Josh Koscheck.

When Penn will return and who itís against will remain a mystery for now.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I know it costs a lot of money to live that lavish lifestyle, big house, fast cars, and you need big fights, but sorry I’m not coming back anytime soon
    Haha stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

ha ha Rivethead cut me a break I had just gotten of work. Although i don't think he would take a fight against a female (i think i don't actually know mia is female) rapper. It would give him a reputation as a woman beater, and that would be horrible.

Thread Information