Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Josh Koscheck vs BJ Penn

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

That would be a good fight. BJ has excellent TDD, one of the best ever. However Josh has the 2nd best takedowns at WW, no questions. His explosive double leg is second only to GSP. The only gut to take GSP down, and he did it in both fights.

I hope Kos tries to stand with BJ and gets clowned. He will most likely take the wrestlers gameplan. I have always said that Kos was better than somebody like Fitch, but the one area I questioned if he was better, was his sub defense. If he has that level of sub defense, he should get the UD. but BJ is a beast on the ground.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Yes fighting at WW is too easy for BJ. So he can have some extra fat. 155 is where he should be, but doesnt want to have to diet and cut at his age, so let him fight at WW. Early in his career he would have actually made FW easily imo.

Kos gameplan will be to hold him against the fence for a couple rounds and then go for a takedown when bj gets tired.. If bj does take the fight, i hope he trains hard for it and comes back in top form.. I don't want to see a half ass penn, I want to see him with the fire back.

Wonder if BJ will target that eye lol.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Default Rumor: Kos vs Penn?

Is Josh Koscheck the Fighter to Pull BJ Penn Back into the UFC Octagon?

Following his last fight, a loss to Nick Diaz at UFC 137 late last year, B.J. Penn all but signed his retirement papers.

“I’ve got a daughter, another daughter on the way, I don’t want to go home looking like this. I’m done,” he said before he walked out of the Octagon, his face battered and bruised.

Penn has since waffled on whether or not he is truly done, saying he’s enjoying life as a retired fighter, but falling short of saying that he would never return.

UFC president Dana White and matchmaker Joe Silva, however, are working their magic, trying to make it as difficult as possible for Penn to walk away for good. Knowing it is going to take more than just a typical fight to light a fire in the Hawaiian, they are dangling rather large carrots in front of him.

Having already tried to talk Penn into a fight against Gilbert Melendez for the Strikeforce lightweight title – an offer he declined – it now appears that a bout with Josh Koscheck is in the offing.

“UFC just offered me to fight BJ Penn…I said YES!!!!!” Koscheck wrote on his official Twitter account on Wednesday night. “Just waiting on him!!!!!! Let's scrap bra?”

There was no immediate response from Penn, who has been rather calculated of late. He put a lot of thought, together with his team, into the Melendez offer prior to turning it down. He’s likely to do the same with any offer to fight Koscheck.
    Odd person to be offered Penn for his return.

It would be hilarious if Penn started training with Georges to prepare for Kos.

Quote Originally Posted by DH19 View Post
    Any ways i think bj probably would turn down a fight with mia.
    mia, like the singer?

I can't imagine why Penn would turn down a fight with Maia. He's never been one to turn down fights to my knowledge.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Searched turned up nothing, then I see the other topic ofcourse. Remove please. My bad.

id rather see him a 155 but if he does in fact face kos i think bj has the potential to gain alot more fans by finishing koschek, sakara=e would you back penn in this fight?
    if i was zuffa i would throw mucho dinero and other incentives for bj to go down to 155 or even 145

If this fight happens, then I think BJ will beat Kos up. Because Kos doesn't seem to use his wrestling anymore, and in a stand-up battle, gotta give it to BJ. Although I think Kos is trying to goad Penn into fighting him, which might not work. Interesting to see though. BJ NEEDS to move back to 155 IMO he is the best that he can be there.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information