Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Don't click on any Banner Ads and you shouldn't get a virus

I had to ignore the warning from Firefox to get on here. This site has been screwed up for me for the longest time. I log in, and I'm sent back to the log in screen or I'm sent back to the original page, but not logged in. I have to hit refresh after the page loads after I logged in to freaking log in. So it doesn't surprise me that there may be viruses on this site, especially considering I have gotten viruses on my work computer and this is the only site I go to at work. I've been on computers for a long time and I don't get fooled into opening bullshit emails or anything, I don't click banners, I understand how to avoid viruses, however, I have gotten them before and had to reformat my hard drive because out of the 13 virus removers I tried, none of them worked. I had hoped that because our computers are networked that a co-worker had gotten the virus but after seeing the message from Firefox, who knows.
    I remember seeing a mod mention something about how the owners of this site don't respond, and again, from the bullshit it takes just to log in, I believe it.
    Really sucks that I find a good mma discussion forum and the website itself is some kind of broken down death trap.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What do you recommend?
    Malwarebytes is good for scanning and has a firewall type option to upgrade that works really well.

Microsoft security essentials is another good program.

I saw people saying they had Norton and internet explorer and they all said "but norton/ie didn't have any messages". No shit. lol There's your sign!

Get firefox for the browser.

Other good progs are - Spybot, superantispyware. Everything I listed is free except the upgrade to malwarebytes that I do recommend. When I had a horrible virus, it was the only thing that kept it semi-contained.

Just remember, just because norton and ie are the biggest doesn't mean they are the best. The best progs I found are free.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I still see no issues from my iPhone. I'm not sure if they even have virus protection. Until I hear this is straightened out though I will not be getting on through my home pc.

Y2jbae: did I read that right? Do you work for FedEx?

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

who the fuck clicks on them any how

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Internet Explorer.
    That's why you aren't getting warnings. Using IE on the modern internet is like going to Bangkok and boning a hooker bareback.
    Nullius in verba

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO
    I always read his posts with a British accent.

So I got a Mac, and use Safari and keep getting the warnings on my home computer, but don't on my iPhone (also Safari). What do I do? I'd like to be able to to get on here with my home computer again.

BTW every time I hit ignore, the warning comes back when I try to navigate around the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    So I got a Mac, and use Safari and keep getting the warnings on my home computer, but don't on my iPhone (also Safari). What do I do? I'd like to be able to to get on here with my home computer again.

BTW every time I hit ignore, the warning comes back when I try to navigate around the forum.
    The people running the site have to get rid of the offending banner ad so that the site can get taken off of the blacklist.
    Nullius in verba

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO
    I always read his posts with a British accent.

Quote Originally Posted by unforgivn View Post
    That's why you aren't getting warnings. Using IE on the modern internet is like going to Bangkok and boning a hooker bareback.
    This made me laugh, but it's true
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Malwarebytes is good for scanning and has a firewall type option to upgrade that works really well.

Microsoft security essentials is another good program.

I saw people saying they had Norton and internet explorer and they all said "but norton/ie didn't have any messages". No shit. lol There's your sign!

Get firefox for the browser.

Other good progs are - Spybot, superantispyware. Everything I listed is free except the upgrade to malwarebytes that I do recommend. When I had a horrible virus, it was the only thing that kept it semi-contained.

Just remember, just because norton and ie are the biggest doesn't mean they are the best. The best progs I found are free.
    /\ THIS /\

Yeah Malware bytes is pretty damn awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by unforgivn View Post
    The people running the site have to get rid of the offending banner ad so that the site can get taken off of the blacklist.
    Yeah I'm a little surprised there aren't more entries on this thread from the mods saying what they're doing to assure the safety and security of this site.

Thread Information