Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Hardy slams "ignorant, calculated " Matt Hughes over hunting

Default Dan Hardy slams "ignorant, calculated " Matt Hughes over hunting

Dan Hardy slams "ignorant, calculated " Matt Hughes over hunting
    Dan Hardy slams "ignorant, calculated " Matt Hughes over hunting - Fighters Only

Dan Hardy is not a fan of hunting or hunters - at least, not the recreational kind.

And so he finds himself again condemning former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes, with the addition of former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

Hughes recently posted a photograph to his personal website in which he can be seen posing with the carcass of a large black bear he has killed. The photograph ignited debate on the MMA message boards and left Hardy sickened.

“I just can't agree with what he's doing, and I can't find any way for him to justify it. I'm sure there are ways that he's convinced himself that it's ok, but in my opinion, every human being innately has morals. They know what's right and wrong, and whether it's legal or not, it's the wrong thing to do. It's not illegal to sleep with your best friend's wife, but if you do it, you're an asshole,” he tells Bloody Elbow staffer Stephanie 'Crooklyn' Daniels.

“I don't think that humans are in any way elevated above the other species that are on the planet. For somebody to think it's ok to go out and shoot one of them, because it's not illegal, I just don't make the connection. If it's illegal to shoot human beings, it should be illegal to shoot animals, as well.

“Now, as far as hunting for food goes, that's a different thing. If I needed to kill an animal for food, I would. To go out there and shoot them for his own entertainment...I mean, he's not going out there and having bear sandwiches for lunch off his kill, that's for sure.

“The fact that he had to go out and find it tells me that it wasn't an over population issue. The same situation happened with the bobcat. He had to go in search for the damned thing before he could kill it. It's not like it was near his house. If he were standing next to it in his back yard, that might be a different situation, but I still wouldn't be proud of that.”
    “Out of all the species, we're the only one that has evolved enough to have a set of morals and be able to co-exist with the other species, and people like Matt Hughes, reading from his bible, and interpreting however he wants, going out there and shooting animals for fun, it's just ignorant and calculated. I just can't agree with him,” he says.

“People say, 'Oh, you're just calling out an aging welterweight. He was the champion, and he's done more than you.' It's not about mixed martial arts. I don't like Brock Lesnar for his ethics on hunting, either. I'm not saying these things about Matt Hughes because I want to fight him.

“I mean, if the opportunity was there, I would, but it's a completely different subject. I respect him as a champion, but that doesn't mean he's not an asshole as a person. He's proven that he is.”

He should be more worried about his next fight rather than what kind of person is Hughes.
    Hardy is in a big losing streak and no one knows why he is still in the UFC.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

3. Default

Wait...is this a new interview? Because he's been saying this shit for a long ass time now.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I think hunting for "sport" is bullshit also. I believe if you kill something, then you should have to eat it and use as much of its carcas for resources as possible. Not just kill something and stuff it so it looks cool in your living room.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wait...is this a new interview? Because he's been saying this shit for a long ass time now.
    Hence why it was posted in noob jack city. Dan needs to get over his weird obsession with Hughes.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-25-2012 at 08:09 AM.

IMO, this is a smart move on Hardy's part to set up a future fight that is winnable for him and with a good showing against Ludwig, I could see the allure in a Hardy/Hughes "Grudge Match", this type of stuff draws heat and sells fights(remember Hardy/Davis?) and I think at this point in his career, Hardy needs a big win if he wants to stay relevant and Matt Hughes needs a win period if he wants to keep fighting, this type of shittalk will only stoke the ambers that'll make Hughes want to take the fight, which would mean a good payday for Dan.

Gamesmanship and clever positioning by Hardy and if Hughes takes the bait I think Hardy could even have himself another pseudo-big fight in the UFC.

I'm sure there is a catch & release joke to be made here. The punchline would be how hughes would catch hardy with takedowns for 15 minutes & then the ufc would release him. I am to lazy to think of the middle part though.

Dan Hardy sounds like he has nightmares that he is a bobcat running through the woods while Matt Hughes on his tail with a shotgun.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

The guy makes a pretty valid point though.

Who ever thought that Bob Cat or Black Bear looked better dead standing over it, then spotting it in the wild in its natural territory. Hunting for fun is just sad and ignorant.

“I don't think that humans are in any way elevated above the other species that are on the planet. For somebody to think it's ok to go out and shoot one of them, because it's not illegal, I just don't make the connection. If it's illegal to shoot human beings, it should be illegal to shoot animals, as well.
    lol wut?

Thread Information