Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dan Hardy slams "ignorant, calculated " Matt Hughes over hunting

Really, the only difference I've found between vegans and non-vegans is that non-vegans don't care what you eat.

Simple biological fact: if a mammals eyes face forward, they're genetically engineered to be a predator and eat meat. If their eyes are positioned to the sides of their head, they are not.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post
    Luke, why is it no longer necessary to eat meat? I come from farmers. Some people will raise animals, hunt, fish, grow crops until they die. Can you put your being in their shoes?

I have a two hundred years on the farm and native blood in my veins that will hunt till the day I die, maybe my kids won't, but I will. Why am I wrong.
    I should have explained my comment more to give some context to what I was trying to say.

For a significant number of people living in advanced countries you would not need to eat meat in order to survive and be healthy. We do need protein and we do need a health of nutrients that are richly found in meat, however all of a persons essential nutrients can be taken from non-meat sources and/or supplements. It's a different way of life, and it definitely takes more effort, but eating meat for a lot of people is simply not a necessity as it was for our ancestors. We have access to food like beans throughout the seasons unlike our ancestors, we have access to a variety of vegetables and fruits that would not have all been available to our ancestors. So in this context, eating meat is not necessary, and one could argue that for a lot of people it is eaten only for entertainment, because it tastes good.

I eat meat, but I also recognize the quasi-hypocritical-ness that exists whenever I speak for animal rights. I would like to be a vegetarian/vegan one day to resolve that feeling of being a hypocrite, but I wouldn't push it on others. I just thought it was an interesting comment to make in light of Dan Hardy's rant on hunting.

I couldn't agree with Hardy more.

Nothing sickens me more than to hear about animal cruelty, and hunting for sport.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I couldn't agree with Hardy more.

Nothing sickens me more than to hear about animal cruelty, and hunting for sport.
    More than pedophilia?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post
    More than pedophilia?
    I am just talking about the animal world...............

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I am just talking about the animal world...............
    what about animal rape then huh?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information