Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Hardy slams "ignorant, calculated " Matt Hughes over hunting

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm not a fan of Hughes at all, but I'd be stunned if he pulled a lesnar and just left the carcass to rot. I'm pretty sure he'd use the meat and hide.

rh
    Matt generally does. What he didn't use himself he would give away also. The bear is probably being stuffed for his massive shed he built not to long ago.

I live in West Virginia. I have hit 14 deer in my life. Try defending them after they have destroyed multiple vehicles of yours. I hate them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DH19 View Post
    I live in West Virginia. I have hit 14 deer in my life. Try defending them after they have destroyed multiple vehicles of yours. I hate them so much.
    Holy fuck 14 deer? wow.

Deer are also pests in my area, I have to scan the yard before letting the dog out and they are often in my driveway / yard when I pull in... but I have lucky never hit one. A couple buddies have on the hwy.

Fuck I could literally reach out a window in my house and touch a deer at times its crazy. If I was not too much of a pussy to gut em, Id be eating and shooting deer with a bow at ease.

well perhaps we could give deer more options than just getting hit by cars and blown up by high powered rifles in the hands of sportsman, hunting as a way of survival vs hunting as a sport they both require varying degrees of respect and responsibility for the animal that has given its life unwillingly, but who is mr hardy to berate the hunting practices of hughes and lesnar isnt there a wildlife fish and game department better suited to these triflings

While I agree with Hardy's views on hunting, he should probably not say anything at all unless he's a vegetarian. An argument could be made that eating meat at all is done purely for the purpose of entertainment as it is no longer necessary for a person to eat meat whatsoever. One could criticize him for being an hypocrite as he is a meat eater himself.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    While I agree with Hardy's views on hunting, he should probably not say anything at all unless he's a vegetarian. An argument could be made that eating meat at all is done purely for the purpose of entertainment as it is no longer necessary for a person to eat meat whatsoever. One could criticize him for being an hypocrite as he is a meat eater himself.
    Luke, why is it no longer necessary to eat meat? I come from farmers. Some people will raise animals, hunt, fish, grow crops until they die. Can you put your being in their shoes?

I have a two hundred years on the farm and native blood in my veins that will hunt till the day I die, maybe my kids won't, but I will. Why am I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    Speak for yourself.

Enter Jon Fitch.

Is Jon still vegan? If a fighter can go vegan, us average Joe's should have no problem.

With that said, I dont think I would ever go total vegan, too restrictive and most vegan's seem to have a feeling of superiority to them (well at least in the Westcoast where it is hip to be hippy)... I did almost majority vegetarian for a few years when I was living with an old GF who was a veggie. Not actually that bad once you learn some good recipes.. but I sure as fuck loved that one or two nights a week she was working and Id cook up a burger or steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Enter Jon Fitch.

Is Jon still vegan? If a fighter can go vegan, us average Joe's should have no problem.

With that said, I dont think I would ever go total vegan, too restrictive and most vegan's seem to have a feeling of superiority to them (well at least in the Westcoast where it is hip to be hippy)... I did almost majority vegetarian for a few years when I was living with an old GF who was a veggie. Not actually that bad once you learn some good recipes.. but I sure as fuck loved that one or two nights a week she was working and Id cook up a burger or steak.
    Meat is way to useful to abandon.

I feel like the only reason Hardy brings up Hughes anymore is to try and get that big fight

Thread Information