Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arianny Celeste Arrested thread [merged and noobjacked]

Default Arianny Celeste arrested in Las Vegas, but UFC boss pledges support to octagon girl

Arianny Celeste arrested in Las Vegas, but UFC boss pledges support to octagon girl

Arianny Celeste was arrested early Saturday morning in Las Vegas on a charge of domestic violence, but UFC president Dana White is not pulling his support from the UFC octagon girl.

According to records with the Clark County inmate database, the 26-year old Celeste was booked into the Clark County Detention Center under her real name, Arianny Lopez, at 7:30 a.m.

She was held on $3,000 bail and released after 7 p.m. PT. Celeste is slated for a hearing on May 30.

Celeste missed the majority of the UFC 146 event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, but was met with a resounding cheer from the crowd when monitors panned to her sitting next to fellow octagon girl Brittney Palmer just before Roy Nelson's knockout victory over Dave Herman. Prior to her arrival at the MGM Grand, White released a statement showing his support for Celeste.

"Arianny is our baby," the statement read. "She has been with us for over five years. She is a good girl and an amazing ambassador for the UFC. I don't know all the details of what happened but we have her back and support her 100 percent."

Celeste joined the UFC in 2006 and has since become the longest-tenured and most popular octagon girl. In addition to her duties with the UFC, the Las Vegas native has modeled and appeared in Maxim, FHM, and was on the cover of Playboy in November 2010. She was named Ring Girl of the year from 2009-2011.

Celeste was active on her Twitter page in the hours leading up to her arrest today.

Near midnight, she posted a photo of her herself in evening attire sitting at a table, with a caption that read: "Dinner at Mizumi," refereeing to a new restaurant at the Wynn Las Vegas.

A few hours later, she tweeted another photo of herself with a male companion who was kissing the side of her face, with a caption: "??! forever n always??"

An additional tweet came around 3:30 a.m. with her making a crazy look and the caption: "I be going crayyyy ha hey bay bayyy."

Celeste's arrest comes on the heels of a couple of high profile issues with fighters within the UFC.

Light heavyweight champ Jon Jones was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving after crashing his Bentley into a telephone phone in Binghamton, N.Y. on May 19. Also, his past week welterweight title contender Nick Diaz was suspended for one year by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for testing positive for marijuana metabolites following his interim title fight against Carlos Condit at UFC 143 on Feb. 4.

"I'm going straight home tonight so I don’t get arrested," White joked with MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) at Saturday's post-event press conference.

Nevertheless, he said the recent issues haven't necessarily raised any serious concerns about issues among his employees.

"These are all real people," White said. "These are human beings with real lives. Bad things happen sometimes. We're just going through a streak of bad things happening."

In Celeste's case, White said fame and money didn't play any factor in her arrest.

"There's always a level of fame, a level of money," he said. "And it's always hard to manage. It's not as easy as everybody thinks. But that wasn't the case with Arianny. Arianny's been around for a long time and she's been making money for a long time.

"This was just a personal issue that I don't know enough about. But I know enough about her that we've got her (back)."
    Arianny Celeste arrested in Las Vegas, but UFC boss pledges support to octagon girl | MMAjunkie.com

Holy shit DCdoc... That is way too funny, you called it.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DCdoctr_ View Post
    I could picture her sprinting out of the station with her card girl attire on and her robe flowing behind her on the way to the MGM!

BP
    http://www.mmanews.com/forums/newrep...reply&p=931905

I would let her beat me up
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I would let her beat me up
    Well yeah! I'm sure my wife would definitely give me a pass for sure.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I told everyone she was no good! The UFC should do a reality show about girls who live in a house, participates in contests and the winner is the new ring girl for the UFC! I'd watch that in a heartbeat!

I wonder how well Arianny can actually fight, does she even train MMA? that shit would be crazy if she decided to start fighting, probably not, but hey maybe Saturday sparked a fire? Dana should punish her by making her face Ronda Rousey in a grappling match.....However no submissions should be allowed and they have to restart every 45 seconds in the north south position..... That'll teach a lesson...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I think I've read she kickboxes not sure about other mma aspects.

Why is it a joke when a girl gets arrested for domestic violence, but when it happens to a guy everyones ready to tar and feather him...
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by MMATT View Post
    Why is it a joke when a girl gets arrested for domestic violence, but when it happens to a guy everyones ready to tar and feather him...
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

We don't know how bad it is yet....she could beaten someone down to a bloody pulp or threw a fucking cell phone at them....domestic violence has a really BROAD range......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by MMATT View Post
    I think we'd all be a little harsher if she would've been arrested for driving her vehicle while intoxicated thusly putting innocent lives at risk. Plus, I don't even need a domestic dispute as an excuse to cover her with viscous fluids and feathers. I'm just sayin'.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Thread Information