Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-1 Rising 2012 results: Mirko Cro Cop wins by knock out, Badr Hari victorious

1. Default K-1 Rising 2012 results: Mirko Cro Cop wins by knock out, Badr Hari victorious

K-1 Rising 2012 results: Mirko Cro Cop wins by knock out, Badr Hari victorious - MMAmania.com

Reports of K-1's demise were greatly exaggerated, indeed.

The world renowned kickboxing promotion held its latest event, K-1 Rising 2012, earlier today (May 27) in Madrid, Spain. The event featured the opening round of the 2012 K-1 World MAX Grand Prix, not to mention the return of Mirko Filipovic and Badr Hari.

Speaking of "Cro Cop," mixed marital arts (MMA) fans may be pleased to know (or not) that he emerged victorious in his heavyweight showcase against Loren Javier Jorge. The Croatian looked as good as he has in years, stalking Loren around the ring before finishing him off with a few deadly left hands in the second round.

It wasn't the left high kick he's so famous for but he looked impressive nonetheless.

The same can't be said for Badr Hari, who was fighting the bulge just as much as he was his opponent on the evening, Anderson "Braddock" Silva. Some are calling Silva's performance the best of his career, while Hari didn't look anything like the killer he has in times past.

Pity.

That's not all, though. After the jump, get complete results from K-1 Rising 2012.

World Max 2012 Final 16 Fights:

Mike Zambidis defeated Chahid Oulad El Hadj by knockout in Round 3
    Andy Souwer defeated Abraham Roqueni by unanimous decision
    Artur Kyshenko defeated Su Hwan Lee by knockout in Round 2
    Yasuhiro Kido defeated Xu Yan by knockout in Round 3
    Andy Ristie defeated Gago Drago by unanimous decision
    Reece McAllister defeated Yuji Nashiro by unanimous decision
    Murthel Groenhart defeated Harut Grigorian by knockout in round 3
    Chris Ngimbi defeated Chain Superpro Samui by unanimous decision

Heavyweight Superfights:

Badr Hari defeated Anderson "Braddock" Silva by decision
    Mirko Cro Cop defeated Loren Javier Jorge by knockout in Round 2
    Daniel Ghita defeated Wendell Roche by technical knockout in Round 2
    Sergei Lascenko defeated Rico Verhoeven by split decision
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

i think cro cop might have been a roider himself, nothing against him but he just didnt have that killer in him in the ufc then hes back to stalking again? maybe he just changed shit or maybe he was idk i sure hope not but if u watch the cro cop of pride then ufc u gotta think sumthing huh? anyway glad to see him get a W

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulForPeace View Post
    i think cro cop might have been a roider himself, nothing against him but he just didnt have that killer in him in the ufc then hes back to stalking again? maybe he just changed shit or maybe he was idk i sure hope not but if u watch the cro cop of pride then ufc u gotta think sumthing huh? anyway glad to see him get a W
    It is completely different when you fight Top MMA fighters than when you fight non Top fighters in K-1 rules.

Crocop has always been very good in the standup, in MMA maybe he was way too worried about the takedown so he did not performed as well as he could.

Roids or not he looked very good in this fight and that LHK looked pretty fast and powerful, shame that everyone blocks it now.
    I do not think Crocop has anything to do with the Top guys of K-1 but he shows that he still has a very good level.

Kharitonov vs Crocop would be awesome.

BTW the card was very good, many big names fought there.
    Hopefully they do a K-1 vs United Glory event. Both brands have excellent fighters.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulForPeace View Post
    Except for the fact that he went back to Japan and looked awful (except for maybe the match with Hong Man Choi...but come on) before returning to the UFC?

Mike Zambidis is a BEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Except for the fact that he went back to Japan and looked awful (except for maybe the match with Hong Man Choi...but come on) before returning to the UFC?
    Well to be honest after his first run with UFC he fought only 3 times in Japan.
    He easily dominated and defeated Mizuno and HMC.
    And in the 3rd fight he was getting beaten up by Roidereem.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

He beat Mizuno, but did he look any better than he did when he beat up Eddie Sanchez? It was really nothing special. And Mizuno crumbled after the first decent shot.

Daniel Ghita is a great fighter too.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    He beat Mizuno, but did he look any better than he did when he beat up Eddie Sanchez? It was really nothing special. And Mizuno crumbled after the first decent shot.
    I personally always thought it was the cage element followed by the obvious loss of confidence when GG cracked him.

I could be wrong but many guys who came from Pride had their issues with the cage aspect. It totally changes a technical striker's routine.

Thread Information