Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The BJJ Thread

Well, looks like my BJJ run is over. My wife just got out of nursing school and took a job which has her working nights. So this throws my training schedule way off. I will still be in Muay thai and boxing but BJJ just falls on the wrong nights. I hate it but it is what it is. The most important thing to me is that my step son still continues to train. I mean, I'm 35....I'm not looking to be the next big thing...haha! I'll just continue to train with him and as he gets older, it will be just like being in class pretty much.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Tn, don't worry about the Naga. You will do fine in your division. I did it and it was ok.

I am now back at school so my training is in a depression, as is myself. I want to go, but then say fuck it at the last minute. Haven't been in two weeks, since I added a stripe. Just need to say "fuck it" and go. I am also moving next Monday. Same town different house, but that has my attention. Plus I got two whipper snappers.

I like De la riva. When I was going strong a couple of weeks ago I was really working on arm drags from guard and passing with shelving a leg from top guard (I might have made up terms, fuck it I'm tired) Hopefully my motivation regains itself.
    Hey man. I've actually had the same lack of motivation recently, and have been lacking discipline with my diet. Need to get my ass back in gear!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Default ジバンシー バッグ

010 10679 00 used appliance stores britax double stroller nightline tomatic water bowl chess 3d phillips cd recorders how to make a costume replacement touchpad chocolate favors ˩`` Х sc1938 jane eye zing th58px60u shipping envelope tomobile radios ᥬ rӋ fish tank office 2003 professional pl716s perfumes online product idea evaluator outerwear jackets pumpkinseeds contour abs ph testing methods 2 cd jewel case olympus c740uz review drinking bowl send me an angel real life

I definitely find it hard to stay motivated with BJJ from time to time, gets monotonous. i find a few weeks away helps a lot, generally i come back with a different perspective.

I may have found a temporary solution to my problem. I have been talking with my step son's teacher and he has some mats at his house. He says that he is looking for someone to do some extra training with on the weekends. So I think I will end up doing that since I can't make it to the weekly classes anymore. He is a pretty good blue belt, so I actually think this may even be better for me. One on one rolling with a good blue belt at least 2 times per week.....AND it's free! Now obviously I won't be getting stripes or belts from him, but I'm not to caught up in all of that at the moment. My main focus is to just get better right now.

Which brings me to a question. I know one of the main guys that runs one of our schools. If I train with this blue belt for a while and say he tells me "Man you are probably ready to be promoted," is it unheard of to go to the school owner and test with him to get promoted even though I haven't been in "his" class? I assume I may have to pay a small testing fee or something, but does that happen? I've never really thought about it before. It would actually be cool to continue training while my other training partners think I have quit....then show up later on with the next belt...haha
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information