Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Brock to return to the UFC in 2012

Default [Rumor] Brock to return to the UFC in 2012

Brock to return to the UFC in 2012

Mike Sawyer, co-Host of Tough Talk on wrestlingobserver.com is saying that Brock Lesnar will return to the UFC this year.

Mike Sawyer ‏@TOUGHTALKMMA
    Had an interesting conversation with someone VERY close to all the Brock Lesnar stuff. He is fighting THIS YEAR in UFC & not Frank Mir...

plans change all the time, but the name I was told isn't Roy.

Brian ‏@FrontRowBrian
    If it's not Mir fighting Lesnar in UFC later this year as @TOUGHTALKMMA reports, who is it? @roynelsonmma? @stefanstruve? @ShaneCarwin II?

one of the above.
    Report: Brock to return to the UFC in 2012 - Mixed Martial Arts News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Shane VS Brock rematch!?!
    Goddamn I hope Shane does what he was soooo close to doing last time.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Carwin II would be something really fun to see, but I see a Mir III as the best fight buyrate wise. However, Carwin coming off a longer layoff than Brock may be good fight for Brock to take....

I still believe that all of Lesnar's health issues took a massive physical toll on his body that derailed just how good he could've been. His development in the standup wasn't really going too far, but he's still got some of the most raw athleticism at HW.

I'll file this under gossip until it's official, because while Brock's return would be cool, they are starting to feel like Bigfoot sightings and get hopes up only to be debunked....

I'd like for this to happen, but 40/60 that it doesn't.

I hope this isn't true, and Lesnar stays retired. The whole quitting wrestling thing, trying to go back, going to MMA & then quitting, going back to wrestling, and now wanting to come back to MMA against too. A return has just lost all of it's appeal to me. He should pick one or the other, and stick with it, or do both & stop dicking around.

i hope he does come back and mops the floor with fat country.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I hope this isn't true, and Lesnar stays retired. The whole quitting wrestling thing, trying to go back, going to MMA & then quitting, going back to wrestling, and now wanting to come back to MMA against too. A return has just lost all of it's appeal to me. He should pick one or the other, and stick with it, or do both & stop dicking around.
    I can understand your frustrations. I heard Lesnar wasn't drawing the WWE ratings like everyone expected. He is dicking around, but it's in his best interest to get the most $$$ for his services. If he feels fit to compete in the octagon, then let him. Nothing scripted about UFC fights--he'll have to earn his keep in the cage.

If he does return to the UFC, Lesnar vs Carwin II is inevitable considering where both guys are at right now. I don't think he should be taken seriously as a title contender though, as I feel Brock's 'upside' has been realized. But he definitely adds some spice to the division.

Zuffa would hurt their own credibility if they market him as a legit contender.

I'd love it, but I will believe it when I see it
    Believe in Chimichanga's

8. Default

I could see Vince and DW getting together to do something with both org's for some big $$$$ draws. The UFC is real once they close the cage, but the hype train isn't much different.

If Carwin-Lesnar 2 does happen, I sure as hell hope its not a title eliminator...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Brock vs. Nelson would be great.

Brock vs. Mir 3 would also be great.

I dont see him as a top5 HW, but he could still do some good damage in the UFC, if he gets his shit together. I could easily see him beating guys like Werdum, Mir, Barnett...

Thread Information