Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White Puts NSAC On Blast After Controversial Pacquiao vs. Bradley Decision

Default Dana White Puts NSAC On Blast After Controversial Pacquiao vs. Bradley Decision

UFC Pres Dana White Puts NSAC On Blast After Controversial Pacquiao vs. Bradley Decision

When was the last time that you watched an MMA event – any MMA event, not just those in Nevada – and wondered about the qualifications of the judges and/or the referees?

UFC president Dana White wonders about one or the other at every single event that his promotion operates, and he isn’t shy about saying so.

But he has a particular bone to pick with Nevada. The state is the home base for the UFC. The promotion regularly operates several events per year in the state, including The Ultimate Fighter reality series that runs for 13 weeks twice per year. So the UFC spends an inordinate amount of time under the watchful eyes of the Nevada Athletic Commission.

White, however, has never shied away from criticizing his company’s home state commission. He was particularly critical when boxer Floyd Mayweather was allowed to proceed with a schedule fight in the state even after being convicted and sentenced to jail on a domestic abuse charge. Yet his fighter, Chael Sonnen, even after he had complied with all penalties imposed upon him for rules violations, was not allowed to coach opposite Michael Bisping on The Ultimate Fighter, let alone fight in Nevada.

White is also a longtime boxing fan, and voiced his opinion about Saturday night’s Pacquiao vs. Bradley decision, regardless of having to spend a lot of hours working with the commission in the MMA world.

“Nevada state athletic commission at its finest!!! You’ve (got) to be (expletive) kidding me!! that is disgusting Nevada state athletic commission!!” White blasted on Twitter.

But he wasn’t done yet.

“Worst athletic commission in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!”
    UFC Pres Dana White Puts NSAC On Blast After Controversial Pacquiao vs. Bradley Decision | MMAWeekly.com

I use to be a HUGE fan of boxing but was turned off by the crooked judges years ago, I can't even watch it for free anymore

i was wondering why this thread was so boring and then i got to the boxing part and i was like oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I use to be a HUGE fan of boxing but was turned off by the crooked judges years ago, I can't even watch it for free anymore
    This is what I want to know. How is it that everyone athletic commission keeps a handful of crooked judges on their roster for convenient placement in high profile fights. Not the first time this happened:

Judges who gave Williams decision over Lara are suspended - USATODAY.com

This is the problem with judging right now, MMA is using boxing judges and those guys can't even get it right at their own sport. People can talk about TRT, injuries, and all that stuff but judging/scoring is hurting the sport the most.

Before the fight, they were talking about the judges and how it was some really crappy choices made by the NSAC.

Coincidence? You have to wonder why they picked inexperienced judges for such a high profile fight. Now Arum has a way to make more money off the rematch that shouldn't even be happening.

And they just HAPPENED to have the rematch date already set...
    "If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

~ Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by subman View Post
    Before the fight, they were talking about the judges and how it was some really crappy choices made by the NSAC.

Coincidence? You have to wonder why they picked inexperienced judges for such a high profile fight. Now Arum has a way to make more money off the rematch that shouldn't even be happening.

That whole fight was rigged and premeditated to set up for a rematch since Floyd is unavailable. That's Boxing math at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by subman View Post

Very suspicious, yes I know. I even said the same thing on facebook, " it was fixed, Bradley just said 'lets do it again Nov 10', tell me how ther fuck you k ow that falls on a Saturday, oh because it is all a part of the plan". BUT a friend of mine who loves boxing told me he had already heard Bradley saying that date in interviews referring to a future match with someone else because he was that confident he was going to win.

As for NSAC, who comes in and questions them legitimately? Their is obviously something wrong with what they are doing, but how do they correct that shit?

This is why I stopped watching boxing years ago and continued to watch pro wrestling. Pro wrestling doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is. Boxing is a load of bullshit still trying to pretend to be this prestigious and amazing science, but it's really nothing more than a carnival act.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    That whole fight was rigged and premeditated to set up for a rematch since Floyd is unavailable. That's Boxing math at it's finest.
    A couple hours before the fight, there was pretty big money put down on Bradley. The line moved substantially. I really hope there is an actual police investigation into this, but we are talking Vegas...
    "If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

~ Stephen Colbert

Thread Information