Over the last couple of years I've lost a fair bit of weight (I was over 215lbs, I now weight about 155lbs), and I've noticed that since losing the weight I've become much weaker than I was, and so I want to start some strength training.

I eat well and do a fair bit of exercise, most of which is cardio at the moment. I run a few times a week, swim one day, and train BJJ once or twice a week. I've noticed recently, however, that most of the other guys are stronger than me. So, I've decided alongside some strength training, I'd like to try protein powder to really get the most out of my workouts and diet.

I've always been a little wary of using protein powder, as a bunch of my mates have used them and really have bulked up, which isn't something I'm looking to do. I'm looking to get lean muscle and stay trim.

As for my question, I was wondering if anyone can give me any hints on what I should be looking for in a protein powder. I don't want to pack on any mass, as I am looking to compete at 141lbs in BJJ, so I want to keep my weight down if possible. Any tips or advice on this is really appreciated!