Thread: Mir v barnett

Default Mir v barnett

Frank Mir vs josh Barnett

Who wins and why?

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

I find this to be a very interesting fight as Barnett is used to having a significant grappling advantage over most of his opponents. He wouldn't have it here. Could frank sub josh or would the "war master's" top control stifle Mirs jits?

I personally think josh probably takes this via ud. With lots of control and smothering. Mirs got better hands so I see josh taking this one to the cage for a lot of clinch work and pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Josh has good takedowns, but isnt an elite wrestler like Lesnar was. He would struggle to get Mir down. The standup would be close and could go either way... I dont see either subbing the other...

Id take Mir by UD. Uses his standup and outpoints Josh...

I had this conversation with a guy at work today, And the way I explained it if this fight were to go down I don't know who I'd pick I believe that their sub skills would cross each other out I feel Josh has the better TD's and chin but I feel frank has the better strikes.

To me it would be an amazing match and I guess I would favor Barnett.

And with that said Cormier mauls Mir with a beating Lesnar & Carwin could only dream of laying on Frank.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Josh has good takedowns, but isnt an elite wrestler like Lesnar was...
    ...Am I reading this correctly? You're indicating lesnar is a more technical grappler than Barnett?

Or are you just saying lesnar had better takedowns?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...Am I reading this correctly? You're indicating lesnar is a more technical grappler than Barnett?

Or are you just saying lesnar had better takedowns?

rh
    Yes, Lesnar is a better wrestler than Barnett...

Josh clearly the better all around grappler... he may be versed in catch wrestling, but as far as pure wrestling and takedown ability... Lesnar was better...

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Yes, Lesnar is a better wrestler than Barnett...

Josh clearly the better all around grappler... he may be versed in catch wrestling, but as far as pure wrestling and takedown ability... Lesnar was better...
    I'll agree to disagree. lesnar had great takedowns due to his size/strength and speed, but Barnett has a better top game and is much more technically sound, and his submission grappling is lightyears beyond brock's.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I would take Barnett by tko.

Josh has proven that he has a good chin, I don't think you can say the same for Mir. Josh also is game in the later rounds, where you don't see Frank go 3+ rounds very often. He has the better wrestling too. Grappling wise they are even, but Barnett would be the one getting the takedowns and I don't see him getting subbed from guard so...I see him stopping Mir within 3.

I would take Barnett. I think at this point his chin is better and he would tko Mir much like what Dbader was saying.

Barnett by UD he might be able to finish Mir but i think he gets the UD.

Mir is Good but Barnett is close to if not on the Elite level of HW's
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Thread Information