Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The Ultimate Fighter 16' debuts Sept. 14 on FX

How hard Roy actually trains shows in his coaching.

Roy is a horrible coach. What's up with the lack of cardio training and the straw drawing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Way to much in house drama again this season and not enough time spent showing the training.

The two coaches seem to not really be coaching alot. Roy wants to draw straws and Shane seems to do nothing but give little speeches but come fight time he is no where to be seen.
    Carwin said his coachs will do the cornering as he isn't good at it. Carwin's coaches do a helluvalot better than Roy in the corner.

Makes you wonder if the UFC is editing to make Roy Nelson look that bad or is he really that bad at coaching. I don't mind the strawpicking, everyone of those guys should be ready when it's their turn, but they really should help the guy who is going to fight, to pick his opponent better.

Not that Carwin is doing much better either, he gives some speeches from time to time and just hangs back while his coaches do all the work.

Gotta say I'm so glad Julian lost his fight, what an annoying guy to be around. I guess he realized he ain't gonna win so might as well make his face recognizable by acting all "tough" and like some teenager inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Flou View Post
    Makes you wonder if the UFC is editing to make Roy Nelson look that bad or is he really that bad at coaching. I don't mind the strawpicking, everyone of those guys should be ready when it's their turn, but they really should help the guy who is going to fight, to pick his opponent better.

Not that Carwin is doing much better either, he gives some speeches from time to time and just hangs back while his coaches do all the work.

Gotta say I'm so glad Julian lost his fight, what an annoying guy to be around. I guess he realized he ain't gonna win so might as well make his face recognizable by acting all "tough" and like some teenager inside the house.
    If his pupils are complaining about his lackadasical methods and his ways of choosing his fights are so horrible, there is little doubt in my mind that Nelson is just a horrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    How hard Roy actually trains shows in his coaching.

Roy is a horrible coach. What's up with the lack of cardio training and the straw drawing?

Carwin said his coachs will do the cornering as he isn't good at it. Carwin's coaches do a helluvalot better than Roy in the corner.
    The more I watch it though the less you actually see of Carwin other then quotes and the occasional interview about fights. I don't see him offering any real practical advice. If they are going to have fighters in as coaches I'd at least like to see them coach gives alot more insight into the type of person/fighter they are.

No debate on Roy being a horrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The more I watch it though the less you actually see of Carwin other then quotes and the occasional interview about fights. I don't see him offering any real practical advice. If they are going to have fighters in as coaches I'd at least like to see them coach gives alot more insight into the type of person/fighter they are.
    To tell ya the truth. I think they cater the U.S. TUF's towards more drama.
    Because I'm watching TUF Smashes as well and that TUF is very focused on the coaches and there's barely any in house drama. It's very much about the training and the fights.
    Where as the U.S. TUF is constantly about drama in the house and the training footage is minimal and the fight is just the extra topping.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    To tell ya the truth. I think they cater the U.S. TUF's towards more drama.
    Because I'm watching TUF Smashes as well and that TUF is very focused on the coaches and there's barely any in house drama. It's very much about the training and the fights.
    Where as the U.S. TUF is constantly about drama in the house and the training footage is minimal and the fight is just the extra topping.
    Yeah they seem to want to cater to the reality series crowd more then the fight fans I guess. It's to bad cause guys that will never make it or amount to much in the UFC end up getting more air time then they really deserve.

Some pretty questionable judging this season so far the 2 round system doesn't work well with this kind of judging.

I think the 2 rounds is fine. It's just the judges are Whack!
    Plus if you have 2 boring fighters, you don't have to worry about a 3rd round. hahaha.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I think the 2 rounds is fine. It's just the judges are Whack!
    Plus if you have 2 boring fighters, you don't have to worry about a 3rd round. hahaha.
    Yeah but the last couple fights have had fights where one fighter dominated a round then you have a another close round and really in both cases a third round should have happened.

Besides another round of fighting means less air time for in house drama and the very lame time given to poorly thought out practical jokes.

Well that must have been the most boring fight I've ever seen in TUF. And what is up with this judges? Must have been like the 3rd fucked up decision they've given this season? Is the Nevada athletic commission sending some summer temps to TUF?

Weakest coaches comp ever.. I honestly think Dana chose track and field because he knew Roy would suck at it and we all know him and Dana don't exactly get along.

Thread Information