Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

1. Default Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

Jon Jones will not be facing Lyoto Machida at UFC 152 after all.

Instead, Vitor Belfort will fight Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title on Sept. 22 in Toronto. UFC president Dana White confirmed the change with MMAFighting.com late Thursday night.

According to White, Machida turned down the title shot on Thursday. Belfort volunteered to fight Jones on one month's notice and was granted the title shot by the promotion.
    ------------------

Craziest fucking series of events I can remember in one day in MMA

Ho...ly...Shit.

Vitor gonna bring that 1997 hand speed and fucking blitz Jones! Work that takedown D Vitor!

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

This is just a crazy day. Im gonna pray for Vitor to KO Jones!
    My favorite fighters: Shogun, Couture, Penn, GSP, Lesnar, W. Silva, C. Cyborg, Aoki, Franklin, Overeem

5. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Well, at least Vitor is somebody Jones hasn't already beaten....

Really curious where Phil Davis was in all of this, since the Prado fight is still on course and of little ranking relevance and one would think of all possible LHWs, he'd be good to go.

I keep envisioning Dana sitting in his office depressed and downtrodden as all hell, when all of a sudden Chuck bursts through the wall Kool-Aid Man style in vintage Iceman attire, doing his post fight arms extended, screaming pose, offering to take the Jones fight. It has been helping me get through this lol.

I've just gotta go to bed on that one. I feel like today has been three days rolled into one. Too much...can't go on.

BP
    Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 08-24-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I keep envisioning Dana sitting in his office depressed and downtrodden as all hell, when all of a sudden Chuck bursts through the wall Kool-Aid Man style in vintage Iceman attire, doing his post fight arms extended, screaming pose, offering to take the Jones fight. It has been helping me get through this lol.
    In all reality, Chuck would've busted through that wall unconscious with the status of his chin. I kid, I kid.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

9. Default

White added since Machida turned down the title shot, he will most likely have to fight another top contender before he gets an opportunity to fight for the title again.
    Lyoto just ruined any chance he had of ever making that Anderson Silva money.
    ------------------

Thread Information