Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    The fight I have been hoping for
    Weidman Vs Belcher
    Belcher is out with a back injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    I don't agree with what both of you are saying at all about Condit. The guy has 4 decisions total in 33 FIGHTS. Yea he came with a game plan once, and look it got him the interim title. But to say he runs away and doesn't come to fight is complete bullshit. Also I think someone said something about Weidman waiting on GSP.. well considering Weidman is middleweight he's waiting on Silva. And knowing how much walk around weight he has.. he probably could've stepped in to fight Jones. I was thinking about that earlier. Maybe a lot of the LHW turned down the fight maybe due the weight they would have to cut in a week. That would deprive their body big time if they can even make the cut. But even so.. dodging a middleweight like Jones did is pathetic.
    They are jokes. I joke about things. I joke about what people think about things.

I like Condit. You don't have to recruit me with a rant.

3. 08-25-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Wait a minute....I thought Jones Machida 2 was confirmed????

Something seriously screwy seems to be going on here.

and, If Sonnen was the guy that should of got the fight, why isnt he fighting Jones at 152. It sounds to me like no one had there act together on this shit from the fighters all the way up to the brass.

Ok, I just now read Cat Smashers post above mine. So Hendo and his team knew of the injury before hand.......so why wasnt something set into motion a month ago?
    Dana White doesn't know what the fuck he is doing is what is going on. He is making himself look like an amateur by announcing things without having the full story to reveal to the press.

Then again, this is a shit vortex that Dana has never had to deal with in regards to a main event fight.

SandyWH has a conspiracy theory that Dana knew about the injury and was unable to come up with a replacement and did this all for publicity. I think that's pretty funny. Dana is not that devious, conniving or intelligent.

So 3 guys that Silva beat are willing to fight Jones, but Silva is too scared. My hero.

Understand why Shogun turned Jon Jones down :: TATAME
    “We were in Sao Paulo and my phone rang about midnight. It was Lorenzo’s (Lorenzo Fertitta is a partner in the UFC). Lorenzo was on another call, so I talked to him like half hour later. He offered me a rematch against Jon Jones because Lyoto had declined it and asked me to give him an answer in ten minutes. I hung up and Mauricio was there with me. We talked and called Dida in Curitiba and we got to a conclusion we should accept the rematch, but only if Shogun had a couple of months to train and it would mean a fight later in October or in November. I said that to Lorenzo but he said there was no time because Jon Jones’s fight is on September 22nd. Unfortunately, he couldn’t give us this time but he understood”, Shogun’s manager Julio Heller explained on an exclusive interview with TATAME.

“Mauricio accepted at the time the new fight against Jon Jones. The ideal is a three-month camp but he said yes to a two-month camp fight. He wants to fight Jon Jones and it sucks it won’t happen now. But Mauricio’s shot will come”.

With that in mind, Shogun Rua’s schedule hasn’t changed. Mauricio fights Sweden Alexander Gustafsson on December 8th, on the fifth edition of UFC on FOX, in Seattle, United States.

“We’re going back to Curitiba on Monday and we’ll start the trainings for Shogun’s fight against Gustafsson. So, nothing’s changed”, concludes.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Silva has a legacy. These 3 guys don't. The UFC would only put together Boner/Spider if it was promoted all the way to the outskirts of the galaxy.

All this shit in the UFC in regards to the LHW title shot makes me think more and more that Bellator has it right with the tourny format.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    All this shit in the UFC in regards to the LHW title shot makes me think more and more that Bellator has it right with the tourny format.
    UFC's roster is too large, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    UFC's roster is too large, in my opinion.
    Really? how could that be the problem?

The roster is to large yet not one LHW [who should have been in the mix] was willing to step up and fight the champ on short notice?

Well this is very disappointing. I guess Vitor is a step up from Sonnen as far as a lhw contender is concerned. At least he has fought at lhw in the UFC before.

I find it hard to believe that the UFC couldn't find a single actual lhw fighter to challenge Jones for the title. Thos should be a non-title fight like Sonnen should have been. Another huge fail by the UFC brass.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information