+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

Haven't you got the memo, Jon Jones is actually the owner of the UFC, he's also Joe Silva in disguise....He makes all the big decisions and had been doing so since he was 12.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Really? how could that be the problem?

The roster is to large yet not one LHW [who should have been in the mix] was willing to step up and fight the champ on short notice?
    Too large for the tournament format, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Haven't you got the memo, Jon Jones is actually the owner of the UFC, he's also Joe Silva in disguise....He makes all the big decisions and had been doing so since he was 12.....
    He has the power to take a short notice fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

A complete bullshit fight. Especially for the title. I still haven't heard if this was ever considered as a non-title fight, which makes a world of difference in my eyes.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    A complete bullshit fight. Especially for the title. I still haven't heard if this was ever considered as a non-title fight, which makes a world of difference in my eyes.
    I doubt it even got discussed because Jones turned the matchup down outright because of his childish distain for Sonnen.

And apparently he has to power to say NO to Dana White.....who should not have tried to make that fight in the first place. The fact that Sonnen was the ONLY guy willing to fight says more about the organization and the "contenders" in the LHW division than it does the champion. And I just don't buy Dana called EVERY LHW contender in the company. I mean how many did he really call? If Jones turned down any legit LHW contender, I would not be defending his decision. But Dana and the UFC, had a job to do and they dropped the ball. So Nope I don't blame Jones at all. I respect him more for not doing it, and I stand by that.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    If Jones turned down any legit LHW contender, I would not be defending his decision. But Dana and the UFC, had a job to do and they dropped the ball. So Nope I don't blame Jones at all. I respect him more for not doing it, and I stand by that.
    You should really read Jones' statements, they'll make you sad

He explicitly said he turned down the fight because he needed more time to prep, because he wants all his fights to be dominant. It had nothing to do with Sonnen according to Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

best part about this is, is that i had a thread in the dream match section about this lol.
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

What the fuck is going on? Every time I log off the site some crazy news breaks. I'm afraid to go to bed out of fear I'll wake up and find out Ronda Roussey is fighting Jones at 152.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

I doubt it even got discussed because Jones turned the matchup down outright because of his childish distain for Sonnen.
    Thats not childish disdain. That is actually holding the UFC title to a high standard. So I will ask yet again. Was there ever talk about Sonnen fighting Jones in a non-title fight? Did this ever come up? How can I not get an answer on this? Do that many people actually think its more acceptable to give a guy a title shot just for being there?
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information