Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

It's weird how people want to castrate Jones for "ducking" on a weeks notice, but everyone understands when guys are ducking him on a month's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    It's weird how people want to castrate Jones for "ducking" on a weeks notice, but everyone understands when guys are ducking him on a month's notice.
    ......well ya see....that is.......AWWWWE SHUDDUP!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I'd say that isn't happening due to the decision(s) made by the other fighters aren't resulting in the cancelation of an entire card/event.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Machida wants a full camp to get in shape.. Jones had a full camp and refused a fight with a guy who had no fight camp to prepare.

Logic solved.

Yes man the difference is that the guys that are ducking him did not had any training camp, they are not a weigh class above, and they are not avoiding an out of shape Jon Jones that was hurt in his last fight.

Jon Jones was supposed to be in excellent shape, and he refused a fight against an out of shape MW that was not training, that was out of shape, and that in paper was not a threat at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Sonnen: Vitor Belfort is a stud when he believes in himself - Mixed Martial Arts News

Enter Vitor Belfort.

The former light heavyweight champion turned middleweight, accepted the last minute bout against Jones, which will headline UFC 152 on Sept. 22 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In doing so, "The Phenom" has a chance to shock the MMA world by taking down one of the most dominant champions in UFC history.

Can he accomplish the task at hand?

"Vitor is a stud when he believes in himself," said Sonnen to MMAmania.com when asked what he thought the chances were the 185-pound striker could take down the 205-pound champion in Toronto.

While Sonnen believes Vitor can be a "stud," the oddsmakers don't have the same faith in "The Phenom," who currently sits as a 13-1 underdog. Should Vitor be able to pull off the victory against "Bones," it will be the first time he will have UFC gold around his waist since losing his 205-pound title to Randy Couture at UFC 149 way back in 2004.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Has anyone even stopped to consider what could possibly happen to Vitor if he actually makes it into the cage with Bones, besides a miracle?

Use your imagination for a moment and think of how this massive hate orgy is mentally affecting Jon Jones. It's no secret Jon is an extremely emotional being, which translates into his fighting. After being absolutely SHAT on by his boss, peers, and thousands of haters, what do you think that's going to do to Jon Jones?? Something tells me that guys like Jon Jones do not take well to being torn apart and completely humiliated like he has been.

I have and always will be a fan of Vitor Belfort. That being said, I am not looking forward to his planned execution. Jon Jones is going to want to make a statement out of blood with his next opponent that we will not forget. All of this hate he will continue to receive, he is going to want to shove back out into the world through the octagon.

I hope for Vitor's sake that Jon plans on ending it as quickly as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he was devising a plan to systematically kill Vitor. Literally. Jones could retire Vitor. I would not enjoy watching Vitor get slammed and elbowed into dust. Vitor has the heart of a lion for taking this fight but his head is going to end up on a wall.

Really, how does Vitor win this fight? By closing the distance with Jon Jones and knocking him out? Sounds like a solid plan that nobody has tried yet. I'm willing to bet that this fight doesn't actually happen either.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Machida wants a full camp to get in shape.. Jones had a full camp and refused a fight with a guy who had no fight camp to prepare.

Logic solved.
    Yeah, it really shouldn't be that hard to understand. 3 month camp compared to a 1 month camp...hmm I wonder which fighter would have the edge in that one.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Has anyone even stopped to consider what could possibly happen to Vitor if he actually makes it into the cage with Bones, besides a miracle?

Use your imagination for a moment and think of how this massive hate orgy is mentally affecting Jon Jones. It's no secret Jon is an extremely emotional being, which translates into his fighting. After being absolutely SHAT on by his boss, peers, and thousands of haters, what do you think that's going to do to Jon Jones?? Something tells me that guys like Jon Jones do not take well to being torn apart and completely humiliated like he has been.

I have and always will be a fan of Vitor Belfort. That being said, I am not looking forward to his planned execution. Jon Jones is going to want to make a statement out of blood with his next opponent that we will not forget. All of this hate he will continue to receive, he is going to want to shove back out into the world through the octagon.

I hope for Vitor's sake that Jon plans on ending it as quickly as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he was devising a plan to systematically kill Vitor. Literally. Jones could retire Vitor. I would not enjoy watching Vitor get slammed and elbowed into dust. Vitor has the heart of a lion for taking this fight but his head is going to end up on a wall.

Really, how does Vitor win this fight? By closing the distance with Jon Jones and knocking him out? Sounds like a solid plan that nobody has tried yet. I'm willing to bet that this fight doesn't actually happen either.
    Id be unsuprised if it went the other way actually. Clearly Jones' heart is in big question right now. I wouldnt be suprised if his cowardly and selfish actions, and the backlash he has and will continue to suffer for it broke him before he even shows up to the fight. Vitor is a fast starter too. If chickensh*t isnt ready, vitor could blast him in the first 30 seconds, ala his wanderlei win.

Something about this fight reminds me of GSP v. Serra I. A super-talented and overconfident champion against an undersized contender with heavy hands and a solid ground game. Sure we all expect Jones to roll through Belfort but we expected the same to happen when GSP fought Serra.

Also lets not forget outside of Silva, Belfort has stopped his last 4 opponents in the first round via strikes. To sleep on a guy like Belfort is just crazy.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information