Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

anyone else find it ironic that jones went from fighting hendo (a middleweight) to possibly chael sonnen (a middleweight), and now finally vitor belfort (a middleweight)?

Why you miss Lyoto?

Hendo is no longer a middleweight.

You have a case of apophenia.

IMO when you consider the circumstances, if you have the balls to step up and fight Jones on 8 days notice when he's had a full camp, you deserve the title shot. Chael could have easily thought "This guy has 12 weeks to prepare and I haven't been doing much to stay active, he's a weight class above where I've been fighting, he will smash me", but he accepted the fight without hesitation in an effort to save the card which deserves props imo. It's not inconceivable that Chael wouldn't work his way up to a title shot anyways, in which case he would actually have a full camp. If he were to lose, though, it would be longer until he got a shot, even if on short notice...so he was going to take a pretty big risk...

His only losses in the past few years have been to the current best p4p fighter in the world imo.
    Last edited by dbader08; 08-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Why you miss Lyoto?

Hendo is no longer a middleweight.

You have a case of apophenia.
    fine, 3 out of the 4 potential jones opponents were (or could be considered) middleweights.

WAR BELFORT!!!!!

Man Belfort is another Sonnen that guy will fight anyone if given the chance. Remember when he said he would bump up to fight Fedor on like a weeks notice.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Ok, this is great. Who fights Belcher at 153?

What the fucking fuck? This has got to be the most batshit insane day in the MMAtomosphere ever.

Past few WEEKS have been nuttier than squirrel turds. Jo Pa statue getting torn down after it was shown he aided a POS like Sandusky , Armstrong getting stripped of 7 tour de france medals, Miguel Cabbrera( I don't follow baseball all that much so that might be mispelled) getting popped for juicing, and then 2 count em , fucking TWO people turn down title shots! At this point Im ready to start believing the Myans really might come back and take over the world.
    And JJ is getting KTFO!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Just when I thought it was safe to go to bed! What a way to wake up.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Well, at least Vitor is somebody Jones hasn't already beaten....

Really curious where Phil Davis was in all of this, since the Prado fight is still on course and of little ranking relevance and one would think of all possible LHWs, he'd be good to go.

I keep envisioning Dana sitting in his office depressed and downtrodden as all hell, when all of a sudden Chuck bursts through the wall Kool-Aid Man style in vintage Iceman attire, doing his post fight arms extended, screaming pose, offering to take the Jones fight. It has been helping me get through this lol.
    Oh shit that imagery has just started my morning with a nice healthy chuckle.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information