Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Belfort to Headline UFC 152 After Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot

Let me put this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    What the fuck is this shit?!

Where the hell are all the LHW fighters? Where is goose? Davis? Lil Nog? Not a single LHW said they would step in? Only MWs???
    ^^^THIS! I really do understand SOME of the backlash that Jones is getting from a business standpoint and also from a fan standpoint. But for most of the people and fans to lose their shit just at Jones is pretty retarded. Lots of other fighters factored in this. The biggest problem from all this is that no LHW stepped up to fight Jones... not even Machida or Shogun.... WHO JUST FOUGHT ON FREE TV TO BE THE NEXT GUY AFTER HENDO TO FIGHT JONES.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

This may have been posted. I have not read all the Jones Hendo threads but it appears Shogun also turned down the fight:

Lyoto Machida Turns Down Jon Jones Fight at UFC 152, Vitor Belfort Steps in After Shogun Declines as Well [JONESANITY] | | Cagepotato

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    This may have been posted. I have not read all the Jones Hendo threads but it appears Shogun also turned down the fight:

Lyoto Machida Turns Down Jon Jones Fight at UFC 152, Vitor Belfort Steps in After Shogun Declines as Well [JONESANITY] | | Cagepotato
    Pretty sure every LHW was asked. Hence Dana White's statement that only Sonnen stepped up.

Weidman is waiting in the wings if GSP wins or not so he is not a viable choice. Depends how good Condit has trained his bicycle stance.

Props to all the MW fighters that stepped up and offered... and shame on all the LHW fighters that are pussies and turned down a fight.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Good Lord... then why the fuck are Machida and Shogun having fights to determine the next opponet for Jones after Hendo? What a bunch of fucking horse shit.
    Because they are not ready yet. If I fought my ass for a title shot, I would rather be ready for it rather than screw it up because of the short notice. Neither one of those guys won't get an another shot against Jones if they lose to him again. And who knows how heavy Machida and Shogun are at this moment, as both have just recently fought, or they might be nurturing some smaller injuries suffered during their fights/training for their last fights.

And I guess Dana wants Jones to fight soon, rather than later.

Many many LHW bloat out of camp. Machida is not one of those LHWs. Machida gets a big neg in my book for not stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Pretty sure every LHW was asked. Hence Dana White's statement that only Sonnen stepped up.

Weidman is waiting in the wings if GSP wins or not so he is not a viable choice. Depends how good Condit has trained his bicycle stance.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    ^^^THIS! I really do understand SOME of the backlash that Jones is getting from a business standpoint and also from a fan standpoint. But for most of the people and fans to lose their shit just at Jones is pretty retarded. Lots of other fighters factored in this. The biggest problem from all this is that no LHW stepped up to fight Jones... not even Machida or Shogun.... WHO JUST FIGHT ON FREE TV TO BE THE NEXT GUY AFTER HENDO TO FIGHT JONES.

Shogun shouldn't have taken the fight. His cardio was a mess against Vera and he's just not physically ready to fight 5 rounds. Machida may have had time constraints considering he'd just left the country and then would have to fly back and still try to prepare with the jet lag added complications. I haven't heard that guy like Goose, Texiera, Lil Nog or any other top guys were considered so I don't know that they weren't willing to fight.

The Anderson offer is hilarious to me because he will move up to fight at LHW as long as it's not a top fighter, but won't fight the #1 contender in his own division against a guy who did actually offer to go up and fight Jones. I'm ok with Vitor because it should be a good fight. I'd still like to see Vitor fight Silva again because I believe he can win that fight. The kick was a flash KO so we didn't get to see that fight really play out. Those things happen, like the Hendricks fight with Fitch. I think Fitch wins that fight 70% of the time. Crazy day for sure and may drive some huge PPV numbers.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Jackson gameplan:

"Make GSP chase you alot and spread alot of water in our corner. Hopefully we can get GSP to pull a Chael and buckle his knee!"

Thread Information