Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins/Winky on at 170!

Exclamation Hopkins/Winky on at 170!

"CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Damn Damn Damn I hope this fight happens! I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Winky Wright.

Then why hope this fight happens? Winky is gonna take it.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Yea i heard this a couple days ago, it might have been on FNF. It's not signed yet so i'm not getting excited. When it's inked and we have an official presser for it then i'll be more excited. If it happens, i hope (and actually fully expect) Hopkins to school him at 170lbs. I've always thought Winky was overrated because of his long armed defense. I never thought he was as great as they made him out to be. This fight will show everything. Hopkins is a master and will find a way around it. Their styles could be looked at as a borefest waiting to happen because no one will commit as they're both pretty good counter punchers. But i'm hoping the aggressive Hopkins that fought Tarver shows up so that don't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Then why hope this fight happens? Winky is gonna take it.
    haha No sir. BHop is takin him to school son.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMoore
    haha No sir. BHop is takin him to school son.
    I dont think so IMO he beat Taylor, and I think he will beat Bhop as well.. a prime Bhop woulda beaten a prime Winky, but as of right now IMO best finese boxer is Winky, not Bernard and Winky will win this but I cant wait for it I wanna see two finese boxers go at it its not boring to me. This is like a HW bout IMO, HWs of counter-punching ya know? if this doesnt get huge PPV buys that damn..

BHop is coming out of retirement? I thought he was done after beating Antonio Tarver.

man b-hop is my idol homie said he retiring after 40 a promise he made to his momma. But if he fights winky that going to be an exciting match. i"ll give it to b-hop on this 1

Hopkins has confirmed that he signed his half of the contract to fight Winky on July 21!

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I dont think so IMO he beat Taylor, and I think he will beat Bhop as well.. a prime Bhop woulda beaten a prime Winky, but as of right now IMO best finese boxer is Winky, not Bernard and Winky will win this but I cant wait for it I wanna see two finese boxers go at it its not boring to me. This is like a HW bout IMO, HWs of counter-punching ya know? if this doesnt get huge PPV buys that damn..
    I agree 100% Hopkin's is too old, doesn't have the explosiveness any more and paces himself a lot more now.

I agree a prime Hopkins' would have beaten Winky in a very good fight, but not now.

People give Tarver too much credit and in turn overate Hopkins. Hopkins is one of the best fighters ever but that way he dismantled Tarver just shows how much RJJ's skills have depleated and the horrible state of the LHW division. Tarver was never that good and any of the better MWs can beat him.

I say that to say Winky is too good at this point to lose to a older, slower, allthough very skilled hopkins. Winky just doesn't lose

Thread Information