+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyson vs Toney

Default Tyson vs Toney

I was bored earlier and got myself to thinking about a match between thees'e 2 very over the hill boxers.

I know neither of which would show anything non stand up so I guess it wouldn't be so much MMA and would be more a boxing match with 4 ounce gloves.

Who wins? I got Iron Mike but I think the winner is the 1st guy to land a punch.

Eeny meeny miny mo, catch a Toney by his toe, if he hollers, don't let him go... just choke him.

I'd bet on S=E against Toney.

Seriously? Tyson is so out of shape now, Toney is actually still going to fight professionally. He is obviously not that good anymore, but he can still compete with some guys. Tyson would get owned if he stepped into the ring with any decent fighter nowadays.

In their primes it would be a great fight. I actually would pick Toney. Toney has never been knocked out, and that includes his fights well past his 40's. He is very mentally strong, has an extremely good defensive game, and is a better fighter in the later rounds than Tyson...

Half of the guys who lost to Tyson lost before they even entered the ring. James Toney wasn't afraid of anybody.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

If were strictly talking right now, than Id give the nod to Toney. Who knows when was the last time Mike used his hands.

If your talking about Prime Tyson vs. Prime Toney, it isnt even a discussion. Tyson would kill him.

Toney was naturally a smaller fighter.

He is very skilled and has a good countering game, but he couldnt handle the beast that Tyson was.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    In their primes it would be a great fight. I actually would pick Toney. Toney has never been knocked out, and that includes his fights well past his 40's. He is very mentally strong, has an extremely good defensive game, and is a better fighter in the later rounds than Tyson...
    Tyson had both amazing speed and power. Toney would easily become overwhelmed. What worked against lesser fighters, would be harder to pull off againt Mike.

James is very durable and has never been completely KO'd, but If a Prime Tyson started finding the target, he KO's ANYONE.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information