Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going paleo any advice?

Default Going paleo any advice?

I'm going paleo because it sounds sexier then just eating right.

Anybody else doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    I'm going paleo because it sounds sexier then just eating right.

Anybody else doing it?
    I eat as paleo as I can, with the exception of wholemeal toast (with poached eggs) in the morning, and if you a lot of grains or pasta/rice at the moment, you'll notice a HUGE difference in how you feel, and pretty quickly, but it might not all be good.

After I first started consciously cutting out most non-paleo foods I felt quite weak, because I wasn't getting the burst of sugar I was used to getting throughout the day. Depending on how paleo you want to go (some people don't think fruit is a paleo food-type), fruit is a great way of combatting this, so keep an apple/pear/banana on you to munch on for the times when you feel like this.

Also, as I used to be a big fatboy (I was 205lbsishh and I'm now 150lbs - 205 is BIG for my frame), I still get big fatboy cravings, so I give myself one day a week to eat whatever I like. I used to call them "cheat days" until Mike Dolce pointed out that then you feel like you're doing something you shouldn't do, and they should instead be called "earned days", days on which you have earned the right to eat whatever you like, by either working out a sufficient amount or by being disciplined with your diet.

This really, really helps to surpress the urges you're bound to feel to neck a Mars bar or some pasta because I know that at worst I'm only ever 6 days away from eating as much crap as I like.

I hope this helps a little bit, let me/us know how you get on man!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

what is Paleo?

i'm going to the taco truck for lunch
    who know what im really eating but fuck me its good

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    what is Paleo?
    Paleolithic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier

0-1 on sig bets.

Right now I'm 5'7 and 260 but I carry the weight really well for my size. Pretty muscular body with the exception of a gut and some extra man boobidge.

I want to get down to an athletic 220 and try and maintain if not increase my muscle mass once I get there.

Diet has always been my downfall and I'm rehabbing a sprained knee at the moment so cardio has been minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    Right now I'm 5'7 and 260 but I carry the weight really well for my size. Pretty muscular body with the exception of a gut and some extra man boobidge.

I want to get down to an athletic 220 and try and maintain if not increase my muscle mass once I get there.

Diet has always been my downfall and I'm rehabbing a sprained knee at the moment so cardio has been minimal.
    Awesome man, I have no doubt you can lose that weight if you're disciplined with your diet. I try to eat mostly white meat and fish (chicken mostly, tuna steaks, salmon) and once a week I have a big ass steak, and just a shed load of vegetables with every meal (mostly broccoli). I think in all honesty if I didn't have my cheat day each week I would really struggle to stay disciplined with my diet, and of course I fall of the wagon once in a while, but I just make sure I get another run/BJJ roll in that week to make up for it!

0-1 on sig bets.

Soo...its basically eating a balanced diet of unprocessed food with a name you can show off to your friends...?

Edit: Do I have to turn in my man card for looking at this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    Soo...its basically eating a balanced diet of unprocessed food with a name you can show off to your friends...?

I actually said that exact thing in my first post.

Turn in your man card for being a dick who doesn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post

Haha Personally I don't "name' diets, and think the idea of doing so is restrictive, but for the purposes of this thread it's helpful. To me, the most irritating thing about the whole idea of "naming" a diet is that guys start cutting foods out because they don't fit the criteria of the particular diet that they follow.

"Fancy an apple, bro?"
    "No way man, I'm legit paleo, fruit's off limits, pass the steak."

Hope the diet's going well CRisCO!

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information