Thread: Atlanta IBJJF Open

Hybrid View

Default Atlanta IBJJF Open

September 15th 2012

First time ever in Atlanta, safe to say its going to be a very big event

Im very excited for this, I actually had to cut weight for the first time in 3 (13lb total) years since we have to weigh in wearing our Gi's.

Ill be going 168lb bluebelt and I think that ill do pretty well. My only issue right now, is that my right wrist is kind've fucked up, and it doesn't look like it will be healed by Saturday. Think i tore a ligament or something, cant really put pressure on it without it hurting. That being said, im going to be a fucking warrior and fight through that shit and give it my 300% this saturday.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Good luck

war CT!!!
    lemme touch your feet

So today wasn't my best day. I went 1 and done, so I was pretty upset but I couldn't be that upset because the guy tar beat me got 2nd place overall. I definitely underestimated him at first, thought he was sorta slow in th head when I first met him, but boy was I wrong.

Anyways, he was a guard puller and at the time I had no idea that if you have forward momentum when your opponent pulls guard, then that counts as a takedown for you. To make a long story short, he had a umoplotta attempt that I defended, so it turned into a tight armbar which I refused to tap to. Eventually I got out of it but he transitioned to a triangle. I defended the triangle well but as I was pulling his leg down, he freed my arm for another arm bar attempt on the same arm as before. I was defending it, and I wasn't about to tap, but he suddenly added a wrist lock to the arm bar and I had to tap.

Funny thing is, wrist locks were actually illegal in this tournament, but since it was combined with the arm bar, the ref just assumed that I tapped to the arm bar.

Atleast I got a free shirt, but my elbow is fucked up now. what's ironic, is that my wrist injury is now a minor injury in comparison. I had fun though, no regrets.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Tough break man. Glad to see your spirits are up. I hope your arm is nothing major. Keep working at it. Jiu jitsu is something I always wanted to do. I love grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Good shit CT! Way to get out there and give it your all. Hope that your arm is not too jacked.

Congrats anyway! The fact that you are competing in a high level already makes you a winner. And there is no shame that you lost, you did your best effort and that is the most important thing. Unfortunately you had to compete against the 2nd place in your first battle, but sometimes things are like that.

I hope your injuries heal soon, keep training hard and you will see that next time you will have a much better day!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information