Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey isn't a mixed martial artist

Default Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey isn't a mixed martial artist

Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey isn't a mixed martial artist

Ricardo Campelo: Cris, please talk about this new moment in your career, living in the U.S. and having Tito Ortiz as your new manager.

Chris Cyborg: I met Tito when he was preparing to fight Forrest Griffin, and Cyborg [Evangelista, ex-husband] was helping him with the training, so we were working with him in his camp. And heís a totally different person from what we shows in the media.

RC: : So, heís not the bad boy he seems to be?

CC: No, heís a nice guy. He cooks, he likes tacos, he is Mexican... he is so nice. And when he retired, he contacted me and said that he would love to manage my career. Then I talked to master Rudimar [Fedrigo, owner of Chute Boxe], who was my manager at the time, and we settled a deal, we agreed that it would be good for me to have Tito giving me the support in the U.S.

RC: Youíre also permanently training in the U.S., right?

CC: Yes, Iím training with Cyborg, we represent Chute Boxe/Cyborg Team, I train jiu-jitsu with [Andrť] Galv„o at Atos, and I do most of my training over there.

RC: Despite being so long without fighting, youíre name is the most commentated in women MMA, alongside Ronda Rousey. By the way, she keeps talking about you, challenging you. The media has been talking about a possible fight between you two, but there is no consensus about the weight division. What are your thoughts on this fight?

CC: My natural weight is 72/73kg (158/160 lbs). When I started fighting, my weight was 69kg (152 lbs.). I was already an athlete, so I gained 3kg. I said I could fight [Ronda] at 140 pounds, which is 63kgs, because I already made that weight, when I first fought in the U.S. So, I know I can make that weight. I wonít promise something that I canít do. 61 kg (135 pounds) is too low for me. Thatís why I said that, to make this fight happen, I could go down to 140 pounds, because I already made that. I do what I can. I said that I would fight her at my weight class or at 140lbs. I also want that fight, Iím very pumped. Itís gonna be very exciting, all the fans want to see it. I believe it will happen. I think Dana will make everything itís possible, Ďcause this is the fight that everybody wants to see.

I think she is a great athlete. I donít believe she is a mixed martial artist, she still has weaknesses. But she is a great judoka, has a lot of judo submissions, and I believe sheís improving increasingly. I have nothing bad to say about her. It would be a pleasure to fight her. I donít do trash talking, Ďcause I donít like to fight outside the octagon. I like to go there and fight, do what I know. But if she likes to talk, Iím ok with it. You should use the weapons you have.

MC: One thing she keeps saying about you is that you won a lot of fights on doping. Does that bother you, the fact that sheís questioning not only the result for this fight, but all of your victories?

RC: She can talk anything outside the octagon, but inside the octagon, she wonít have the media, her coaches, or her fans to protect her. Itís gonna be just me and her.
    Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey isn't a mixed martial artist - Mixed Martial Arts News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Just fight Ronda in a cage full of jello and lets get all this talking shit over with

Cyborg by a very slippery SMASH
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Just fight Ronda in a cage full of jello and lets get all this talking shit over with

Cyborg by a very slippery SMASH
    Carano vs Ronda in jello but Cyborg is no no in my book lol

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

the one womens fight I am interested in seeing... hopefully they can get over the weight issue and fight shortly after the suspension is up.

One trick pony's have had dominant runs in MMA before the sport and its combatants evolved. Rousey may not be a well rounded fighter but her Judo is so dominant she doesn't need to be...yet. Cyborg may have the power to overcome her jitz like Lesnar v Mir 2 but Ronda still may be able to rely solely on her sub game and get another quick victory. Until someone can stop her arm bar...why the fuck should she try anything different.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Carano vs Ronda in jello but Cyborg is no no in my book lol
    ^This lol

Like I said before i'd like to see CC have a couple clean fights first.

When I read the title "Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey isn't a mixed martial artist " I was thinking great, another sexist person who doesn't think women should do MMA, but than I forgot, Cyborg doesn't really have a penis.

"he likes tacos, he is Mexican... he is so nice."

What were the "...", was this her pausing or a few sentences taken out?

"could go down to 140 pounds, because I already made that. I "

Stop doing steriods and you will be able to make 135 after a few months.

In a similar article:

Ronda Rousey: Cris Cyborg isn't a female.

At the risk of getting into another argument with a Cyborg nut hugger (I know) I will just say Cyborg is a cheater and does not deserve a shot at the title.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I guess Cyborg feels you have to be a PED cheater to be considered legit.

Thread Information